Alternative way to upload images to the forum.

Help us improve the forum! Make a suggestion for the board or ask questions here. This area is also for forum announcements.
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Alternative way to upload images to the forum.

Post by Homer »

404cameljockey wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:16 pmI did explain that the images are stored away from the forum's server (actually they are uploaded if the user puts them in an image hosting account), and should not be deleted.
Oops. I missed that.
404cameljockey wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:16 pmIf it's allowed then it can be done. And no-one closes image hosting accounts like Flickr and Imgur once they've opened them as far as I know, there's no reason to?
Image hosting companies can change their terms of use. Photobucket did a few months ago. Hotlinks don't work anymore unless you upgrade to a Pro account, which is hundreds of dollars a year. Image hosting companies cease operations. Webshots had 32,000,000 users, Kodak Gallery had 20,000,000.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've never managed to get a Flickr link to work on here. Can it be done?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

Homer wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:10 am Image hosting companies can change their terms of use. Photobucket did a few months ago. Hotlinks don't work anymore unless you upgrade to a Pro account, which is hundreds of dollars a year. Image hosting companies cease operations. Webshots had 32,000,000 users, Kodak Gallery had 20,000,000.
That's true.
Big Boy wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:16 am I've never managed to get a Flickr link to work on here. Can it be done?
Can't say, I haven't used Flickr for years and I forgot my account details (see, no-one closes their account :D ).
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

What is the maximum size of photo that can be uploaded, I have placed many in the past but even reducing the size of my car pics I cannot get them to upload
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

StevePIraq wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:40 pm What is the maximum size of photo that can be uploaded, I have placed many in the past but even reducing the size of my car pics I cannot get them to upload
Go to my post (chart) on page one of this thread and follow exactly what it says. That's the largest that will post. However, the size of your original photo makes no difference. Just upload it to the resizing app like explained and I've never know it not to work. Pete :cheers:

EDIT: When the shrinking is finished it will ask you to download that photo. Do that and it will be present wherever your downloads go. Find it and select it for uploading to the forum. It will have a PHP file name prefix.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

TIP: Don't want to find hundreds of useless photo files clogging up your computer memory in a few years time?

When you download a photo for posting on the forum, and when you resize it if needed, download them to your desktop instead of to your download file. Easier to find, use, and then delete immediately when the task it finished. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

I've never know it not to work. Pete
Shrink Pictures will NOT work for me and has not done so for a bout a year. I also have problems trying to upload ANY photo despite shrinking it. In fact I have had to ask you Pete to do it for me a couple of times. The last time I posted the resized photo just sat there with the green status bar extended. In desperation I added a second photo and it immediately changed to "place inline". :?
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've mentioned it before. There's free software called FastStone Photo Resizer - very easy to use. I've been using it for years.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

^ ^ That I can't explain. The photos you've sent to me I've only used Shrink Pictures. :?

I think we may be into the realm of operating systems now and why some do things and some do not. :? again.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Here is the company BB recommends as an alternative to Shrink Pictures:

http://www.faststone.org/FSResizerDetail.htm
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

PeteC wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:29 pm Here is the company BB recommends as an alternative to Shrink Pictures:

http://www.faststone.org/FSResizerDetail.htm
It is not the resizer that is the problem. I have been using the following, and although it had a glitch a couple of weeks ago, it works good. Using Windows 10 including the latest update.

https://www.easy-resize.com/en/
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

All resized in a few seconds with https://www.easy-resize.com/en/
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali