HELP NEEDED- ALL PEOPLE WITH A HEART

Hook up with friends, arrange meetings, outings and visa trips here.
splitlid
Guru
Guru

HELP NEEDED- ALL PEOPLE WITH A HEART

Post by splitlid »

Dear All,
Yesterdays rain caused Dawns Hua Hua Dog Rescue accommodation to collapse.
anyone,either DEVELOPERS,BUILDERS,LABORERS,PEOPLE WITH GARDENERS ETC.
PLEASE help Dawn to rebuild the home.
all that is required is for each builder,developer etc to supply some labour to help with the process.
if you can do this it would be much apprecieated.
you can call me to get the details on 087 1462910.
OR JUST TURN UP WITH YOUR LABOUR.

PLEASE HELP.as the dogs are out and on the loose and need to be secured.
"All the otters don't understand me"
"We might make you bother"
splitlid
Guru
Guru

Post by splitlid »

Dawn, if theres anything you want to alter or change, please do.
DawnHRD
Legend
Legend

Post by DawnHRD »

Thanks, Splitlid. Nothing I want to add, apart from Splitlid & family came on board yesterday to help us out as soon as I got in touch. I'm so grateful, but this has turned into a far bigger job than anyone initially realised. Here are a couple of pics:

The white thing you can see in this pic is a light fitting. It used to be about 2m above my head - now it's at eye level.

One of the dogs' 'kennels', crushed by the weight of the roof.

The idea now is to dismantle the roof, so the dogs can't use it as an escape ramp & build temporary shelters for them at the opposite end of their pens. Basically, we need the pens secure again & shelters constructed. If you have any labourers you can spare for a few days, please, please help. The dogs are running loose. I even asked the Tessadban to take them, but their new facility is unfinished & they didn't have a wall to contain the dogs.

I've taken 11 dogs to my own home (making 30 here, now), but we need to make the place secure asap for the rest of them - not least because if they're running loose up there, they're a hazard to locals & traffic.

Also, if you have a secure garden & can foster a dog for a couple of weeks until we can get this sorted, please, please call me on 081 9814406. Thanks. Any & all help would be appreciated.

Again, a million thanks to Splitlid & family. They've been unbelievable. :cheers:
"The question is not, can they reason? Nor, can they talk? But, can they suffer?" - Jeremy Bentham, philosopher, 1748-1832

Make a dog's life better, today!
splitlid
Guru
Guru

Post by splitlid »

bump... :D
DawnHRD
Legend
Legend

Post by DawnHRD »

It looks like a third to a half of the dogs have gone missing; some today, some I haven't seen since it happened yesterday.

We've had a couple of offers of help, and thank you so much to those people, but we're still desperate. I hope with all my heart that the missing dogs come back, and am trying to be positive that they will do. However, having them loose is a danger to themselves and to traffic (& possibly livestock like chickens, I don't know). If you can foster short term or send someone to help make the pens as secure as possible as quickly as possible, please, please do.

I'm sure neither dog lovers nor those who find dogs to be a pest think that tens of dogs running loose is a positive turn of events.

Thanks. :cheers:
"The question is not, can they reason? Nor, can they talk? But, can they suffer?" - Jeremy Bentham, philosopher, 1748-1832

caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Dawn.

I'm really sorry to hear this - having been up there the day before! Currently in Bangers using GPRS to view this so little I can to help (fly out Saturday), but I hope the forum members rally around.

How about the dogs due to be homed abroad - are they okay?

I hope you get it sorted, it always seems like one step forward, two back.

Best wishes,

Caller & Ooy
Talk is cheap
DawnHRD
Legend
Legend

Post by DawnHRD »

Thanks, Caller. Yes, Siri (Germany) Mutt & Mo (USA) & Nam (Canada) are fine. I moved them & 7 others (sick, in the process of adoption or very scared) to my home yesterday. 30 dogs in my house, again. Guess who's (not!) going to win 'neighbour of the year' this year?? :twisted: Actually, they're all being exceptionally good.

The dogs loved seeing you both. Just hoping they all come back, now. :(

Have a good trip back. :D

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Sorry to hear of your latest disaster - has nobody ever told you that they should only come in three's? You're abusing the rule! :D

Seriously, are those photos of the same place John and I saw you at last year? We've been looking at them, and although we can see similarities, we're not really sure. If they are, then we can see the damage is considerable.

Those dogs had better be back next month - I don't want to look at an empty pen.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
DawnHRD
Legend
Legend

Post by DawnHRD »

Yep, same place BB. Basically the entire roof has collapsed & is now being supported only by the metal framework of the dividing fences.

There was a thunderstorm last night, so I'm not sure what I'll find today; whether that'll have caused more dogs to scatter in fear, or whether it might have driven some of them back to us. Hopefully the latter.