Sandman's Last Stand

Hook up with friends, arrange meetings, outings and visa trips here.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Re: Sandman's Last Stand

Post by usual suspect »

Well,well..so many promises to attend Sandman's Bash,& practically none of you showed up..this guy has been a regular contributer on the forum for years, but when the guy's facing a head-wind, & against all his wishes knows he has to return to Blighty, but wot-the-hell, decides to throw a farewell bash.. not even most of you, who only a few days ago promised to attend.. failed to make it there..never mind any Mods being noticably absent.. :-( (Sorry I had to leave before the cake)..Hope to see you b4 you go Sandman.. :cheers: U.S.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Bizarre post, US, looking back at the thread 3 members of the forum said they'd turn up, none of them are moderators.

SM, like all of the other posters, I enjoy your contributions and hope you stick with the forum and manage to get back to HH idc. :cheers:
This is the way
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

dtaai-maai wrote:
Bizarre post, US, looking back at the thread 3 members of the forum said they'd turn up, none of them are moderators.
I stand by you dtaai-maai, I honestly cannot understand us's post.
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

And as well, don't stop posting Sandman, you are a great source of information. And believe me, there is life after leaving Thailand, although I for one, didn't believe this would be the case when I was forced to leave.
MrPlum
Banned
Banned

Post by MrPlum »

usual suspect wrote:Well,well..so many promises to attend Sandman's Bash,& practically none of you showed up..this guy has been a regular contributer on the forum for years
Understand the sentiment. I rarely venture down Bintabaht, don't drink, Thai Birthday cake, etc... is usually sweet, soft and yucky, I prefer one to one conversation, the noise from another bar drowned out what conversation there was and I had another responsibility to take care of at 10 pm, so I probably was better off not coming at all. Having said that, it was nice to shake MrS hand and wish him a better future. Being older and wiser, with this experience behind him, he may find he actually enjoys his return more than he expects. :cheers:
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

Sorry to confuse some of you,..just thought more people would be there last night thats all.
Best ones to you SM.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Well a few of us gathered to celebrate Sandmans Birthday in PP bar. Despite the third rate music being played by a third rate band in London bar we managed to enjoy ourselves and wish him well.

A few pics attached
Sandmans B'day party (2).jpg
Sandmans B'day party (2).jpg (56.84 KiB) Viewed 1591 times

A few rogues surround thee man

Sandmans B'day party (3).jpg
Sandmans B'day party (3).jpg (66.06 KiB) Viewed 1591 times
Pagey prepares to get beamed up
Sandmans B'day party (6).jpg
Sandmans B'day party (6).jpg (60.18 KiB) Viewed 1591 times

The non fattening cake is ignited
Sandmans B'day party (10).jpg
Sandmans B'day party (10).jpg (62.5 KiB) Viewed 1591 times

Amy gets a birthday boys kiss

Sandmans B'day party (11).jpg
Sandmans B'day party (11).jpg (59.82 KiB) Viewed 1591 times
No, no, no. Not weed
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

Looks like a good time in the bar ....I do think that Richard and SM look related...same smile!
SM...all will be well, things are never smooth in life, at least you have youth on your side. Go with the flow, enjoy the time with your parents, you will bounce back a stronger and better person. I like you wit and your clever remarks, I like it best when you go "all guns firing" when you object etc, you have a great talent, you will go places. Finish that book...I for one will buy it...
Keep us posted...please do not loose touch with the forum :)
"Bon retour" :)
sandman67
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sandman67 »

I had a great night out, despite as Richard said the usual annoying ear damage from across the road, and have spent today paying Dionysus back....urgh!

Thanks to all the chaps for turning up and making me feel a bit better about the increasingly grey hair and upcoming exile.

Im also deeply touched by all the warm wishes here, and thanks for those guys n gals.

Bugger me I do look like Richard.....hmmmm.....

You are all stars, and dont worry. I wont go silent, and will at the first chance returning back across Bifrost to return to my rightful seat in Valhalla with you all as soon as I get my life back on track.

Cheers m'dears and my best for all of you and 2013

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
"Science flew men to the moon. Religion flew men into buildings."

"To sin by silence makes cowards of men."
moja
Guru
Guru

Post by moja »

Sorry we could not make it to your farewell but I promise to do my best to make it to your WELCOME HOME party when you return!
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

sandman67 wrote: Bugger me I do look like Richard.....hmmmm.....

Well we did live on the Yorkshire/Lancashire border and my Dad was 'The man from the Pru' and travelled all the locality collecting a bob a week door to door. Not a milkman though :laugh:
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

SM67 Sorry SM, due to our travels, I have only just seen this thread.

Of all the people on the forum, you are the one I would have most wanted to meet for a beer or several.
We have been back in Blighty whilst the in laws visited but are soon off again to foreign climes.

We were in the Lake District for a few days (now back in Dorset) and had I known you were only down in Bolton, I would have popped down one evening to meet you for a drink.

A belated happy birthday and I look forward to reading your posts in the future.

Good luck and I hope to meet you down the road sometime.

I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

Good Luck Sandman.
:cheers: