2012 Forum Blast

Hook up with friends, arrange meetings, outings and visa trips here.

Where to bash

JW's............Whiskey galore (and chips)
67%
Barry's .........I am Sailing
19%
Terry's.........3 men in a boat
15%
Somewhere Else - please suggest
No votes

Total votes: 27

richard
Deceased
Deceased

2012 Forum Blast

Post by richard »

Well it's a while since we had a forum get together. I'm fed up with communicating with a load of miserable or not so miserable *uggers on the ether. So let's plan a get together and meet face to face. Throw punches and/or kiss and make up. This is the best forum in Thailand IMO and I am proud to be member of it (I do walk the line sometimes) and in the past all get togethers have been good events.

The venue?

I've included a poll but all are suitable for me. However, we have to consider families, work days or weekends, lunch onwards or evenings etc? I have listed three locations in the poll as they are all good venues and I'm sure they would welcome such an event although I have not personally floated the idea with them as it will obviously impact there timetable. Cost of to and fro must also be considered

So come on guys and gals give us your feedback please and let the mods/venue boss decide date and time. AND let's have a good turn out. Maybe a sticky label on your forehead indicating who you are on the forum. Mines easy. it will just say 'Dick Head'

I think the first round of drinks should be on Admin and the mods. Or maybe Big Boy will splash out as he is now a local retiree :duck:

Norseman, bring your telescope for me to inspect
All others, bring a camera. I've retired

FEED BACK PLEASE
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Big Boy

Re: 2012 Forum Blast

Post by Big Boy »

richard,

Can I suggest you might get a better idea if you permitted up to 3 votes. Also maybe a 4th option of 'Somewhere Else - please suggest'

If you would like me to amend your original post, please let me know.

Signed, A very poor retiree :D . (ask Mr Drummond)
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Please do
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

The last Forum-Bash I attended at JW's, I thought the venue was well suited..roomy enuf, plus this bar is not a victim of pounding Dance-music from next door/surrounding bars, so everyone could chat easily ('cept when we had our mouths full 0 JW's chips.. :thumb: )
Plus if it gets to full inside..it's no big deal to be outside leaning-in.. :cheers:
johnnyk
Legend
Legend

Post by johnnyk »

I liked JW's also so I vote for the shindig to be held there again. Tentative dates? Hopefully not before end November!
Happiness can't buy money
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

I will be there second week November so vote for then, and anywhere! :cheers:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Awaiting a Kendo, Norseman, Sarge, Pagey, Sandman et al response. Late November is out for me.Big wedding in Korat
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

i will be there!
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

JW wrote:i will be there!
Either way we always end up at your joint :laugh: Hope you are willing to cope with what I foresee as a good turnout
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

I'm certainly up for it if funds and timing go my way. JW's gets my vote. Would love to be on the boat but the only problem there is that if you wanted to go home a little earlier you'd have to swim to shore. :D

:cheers:
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

GLCQuantum wrote:I'm certainly up for it if funds and timing go my way. JW's gets my vote. Would love to be on the boat but the only problem there is that if you wanted to go home a little earlier you'd have to swim to shore. :D

I think many would like the boat or the fishing venue but two factors

1) How many would we lose overboard in Barrys boat?
2) Both a bit far out and some may get lost on the way home :laugh:
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

I would say JW's is best since it's the most central and seems to be a pretty good joint. :D I'll love to attend since I've missed all the previous ones, but please don't spring it on us all of a sudden because some of us have got to plan for such activities. :cheers: Also, I'd like to bring my other half along, but she only gets one day a week off, so she would need to arrange for a day off to coincide with the bash.

Keep us posted. :cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Hey all,

Have a few beer ideas that could be fun..

Takiep so I gues your wife wants day off afterwards to recover! Does she work for Plus - if so i must know her. Will give as much notice as possible so everyone can try and come along.

If enough are coming we could maybe do a BBQ.

Cheers,

JW
SunandFun
Guru
Guru

Post by SunandFun »

Would love to come if I am there. Coming 26 November. I'll cross my fingers it will be after I am there.

I wouldn't have to manage my anger if people could learn to mange their stupidity!
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Not going to be there until Christmas unfortunately, but shall do the rounds this year, whether I time it right for the meet up or not :D
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.