US Military retiree's to share embassy mail run?

Hook up with friends, arrange meetings, outings and visa trips here.
armycw4ret

US Military retiree's to share embassy mail run?

Post by armycw4ret »

New to hua hin and expect to have to do the embassy run to get mail and and the med's. Anyone out there willing to do a sharing of getting the mail?
PeteC

Re: US Military retiree's to share embassy mail run?

Post by PeteC »

If you get no replies Army, it's not because people don't want to. It may be because I've never read on here that there are any US military retirees belonging to this forum. There may be some in Hua Hin, and they may read these pages, but I don't remember any posting.

Unless things have changed, mail and meds don't go to the embassy, they go to JUSMAG on Sathorn road. See http://www.jusmagthai.com/ for more info. I'm not a military retiree but I know many here who are and I'm not sure if others can pick up your things, even with a retiree military ID. Read through those pages on the link and it should clarify all. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Pete, there are several (retired U.S. military) in Hua Hin/Cha-Am that are members of this forum and I have forwarded the link to this thread to a few of them for consideration/comment.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Thanks HHF. I know Donald is, but I haven't noticed any others announcing the fact, or I have forgotten. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

No, being where we are and where most of the members are from, former U.S. military do not necessarily want to announce that fact these days. If you haven't noticed, our military is not very popular around the world currently...
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
armycw4ret

Post by armycw4ret »

Thanks for the info on the embassy not being the correct place. I thought Justmag and the embassy were colocated.
nomad127
Rookie
Rookie

Post by nomad127 »

I'm not sure if any vet's are still monitoring this thread, but I've recently moved to Hua Hin and I'm retired from the US Air Force. I would like to meet up with other vets to chat, or tell war stories. I'm also interested in doing mail runs to BKK.

Thanks
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Hi Nomad127, stop by and see Dave, the husband of the owner of Terrace90 restaurant (Soi 90). He's retired Air Force, been here over ten years and probably knows all the other U.S. military retirees in the area. I know that he uses all the retiree services in Bangkok as well so he can fill you in on any questions you have.

I was in the Naval Air myself, but just one of those "damned" (according to the regulars) reserves. :D
nomad127
Rookie
Rookie

Post by nomad127 »

hhfarang wrote:Hi Nomad127, stop by and see Dave, the husband of the owner of Terrace90 restaurant (Soi 90). He's retired Air Force, been here over ten years and probably knows all the other U.S. military retirees in the area. I know that he uses all the retiree services in Bangkok as well so he can fill you in on any questions you have.

I was in the Naval Air myself, but just one of those "damned" (according to the regulars) reserves. :D
Thank you for the info and Reservist, Guard or Active Duty, we were all still brothers in arms.