HELP PLEASE my son's dog is missing

Hook up with friends, arrange meetings, outings and visa trips here.
stargazer23
Rookie
Rookie

HELP PLEASE my son's dog is missing

Post by stargazer23 »

She is about 16 months old and is a this dog of medium height. I hope her picture is attached.

Her name is Saten (Saturn spelt wrong by my little boy). It is a mystery but she was with another of our dogs and they left me to go home a stones throw away but never arrived. From Hua Don near the golf course at the bottom and near to the railway. I expected her to cut across the waste ground behind the breeze as she has done many, many times before. She has simply vanished. She is wearing a green fake leather collar and should have a tag attached with address and tel number.

Any help appreciated.

I have been unable to post ehr photo as was too big; can anyone help please?
PeteC

Re: HELP PLEASE my son's dog is missing

Post by PeteC »

Sorry to hear about this. Here are the instructions which explain how to post a photo:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=16714

Here is a link to resize a photo:

http://www.shrinkpictures.com/
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
stargazer23
Rookie
Rookie

Post by stargazer23 »

Thank you. Will try and do it now....
stargazer23
Rookie
Rookie

Post by stargazer23 »

Hopefully this is the picture of the dog......
Attachments
saten small.jpg
saten small.jpg (82.54 KiB) Viewed 1378 times
stargazer23
Rookie
Rookie

Post by stargazer23 »

She has quite a full tail that curls up and 'talks' when you great her. When scared she humps her back and tucks herself in neatly. Please let everyone know, our lives will be empty without her and bad knews would be better than no news.
Thanks.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Honestly SG, my heart goes out to you and your son - I have a great friend in my own dog. I'm not based in Hua Hin myself at the moment, but have emailed your post and the picture you posted, to friends who are living there/based there at the moment. I truly hope all works out well.
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

Well, I sincerely hope you find the dog as it looks like a good one, maybe even a pedigree one.

It's obviously too early to say yet, and I don't want to sound like a harbinger of bad news, but these types of dogs are often stolen or 'taken' if caught wandering around by their lonesome, as they are indeed valuable/prized as individuals or breeding stock and there are many unscrupulous Thais around that 'deal' in pedigree dogs for profit.

Please don't shoot the messenger (me), just highlighting a possibility for consideration, which you are probably already aware of.

Good luck.
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
stargazer23
Rookie
Rookie

Post by stargazer23 »

Thank you for sharing her info with anyone you know. She is a true star in looks and temperament. Luckily she is neutered so no luck for a would be breeder. It has been suggested to me that she has been dog-napped but only time will tell. I am truly bewildered as this was in an area where most people know us or my Thai friend and it really was a case of one minute there and the next gone.

Our hearts are aching so please lets hope for the best.
stargazer23
Rookie
Rookie

Post by stargazer23 »

And my little boy's tears a re flowing; bugger!
MrPlum
Banned
Banned

Post by MrPlum »

I'm glad you posted on this and feel for you and your son. We have an attractive (to Thais) dog, very much loved by everyone in the home.

Are there any steps we could take, besides a name tag and telephone number, to be able to trace her, should she be lost or stolen? Some kind of Chip, perhaps?
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

Take your dog to a vet they will chip it
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Sad story, I hope you find your dog. Looks like a real sweetie! Good luck.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
E-Dork
Suspended
Suspended

Post by E-Dork »

I'm sorry that I'm unable to offer any sort of help on the matter but wanted to echo the above sentiments.

Looks like a wonderful dog and wish you all the best in getting her back. Dogs (to me) are gods greatest gift to this world.

Good luck
If it's within arms reach, there's nothing to worry about!!
Super Joe
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Super Joe »

Yes sorry to hear this SG, the only thing I can say is we 'lost' our young'ish Huskie a while back, spends half his time in road outside house. All went searching the next day when he wasn't around, searched on and off for couple of days and gave up, resigned thinking the worst.

Wife's friend spotted a Huskie in Soi 88 (we're Soi 94) with a food stall seller, told wife who went out and turns out the vendors had seen him wandering around couple of days earlier, fed and looked after him and were more than happy to give him back. They didn't even ask for anything, although wife obviously gave them something.

But this was 5 days after he mysteriously wandered off, something he's never done, so don't think all is lost just yet like we did...

Good luck,
SJ
stargazer23
Rookie
Rookie

Post by stargazer23 »

Thank you so much for your positive story. Am making some posters to place around Hua Don and Takiab and will hope we too have a happy ending. :)