Dog problem

Hook up with friends, arrange meetings, outings and visa trips here.
crazy88
Deceased
Deceased

Dog problem

Post by crazy88 »

Hi all

I have a dog dilemma .A bitch that hangs around on our land has just come into heat .She cannot even be touched ,let alone caught for me to give her an injection .The local dogs are fighting over her as usual and our guard dog is gettting too old to fight them all and has become quite injured and in need of attention .Dawn told my mother there was something you could put in the food to knock them out so I can get them to the vet s the mail no longer falls for the pork chop in the cage trick .I don,t have Dawns number or even know if she still deals with such matters .I am happy to look after both dogs for the rest of their days so only need them caught and dealt with .I have had dogs all my life and would estimate the bitch to be on day 4 or 5 of the heat by tomorrow .Any help would be most appreciated .I am of course more than happy to pay the fees/donations . Tel 0847177205 .

Crazy 88
(buffalo) Bill
Banned
Banned

Post by (buffalo) Bill »

Steve was the number of any use?
crazy88
Deceased
Deceased

Post by crazy88 »

Hi Bill

Dawn is not picking up or returning .she willnot recognise my number .Or perhaps she thinks I am chasing the wheelbarrow :wink:

Crazy 88
DawnHRD
Legend
Legend

Post by DawnHRD »

I was sick yesterday, spent most of the day in bed with my phone in another room & did not answer anyone's calls. You could have left a message on my voice mail, Crazy 88. I don't tend to return phone calls with numbers I don't recognise unless a message is left. I've had a lot of crank calls on that number & I find if someone does want to get in touch, they'll leave a message or try more than once. Sorry about that.

As for the dog, I don't have any of the sedative gel now. It can't be bought here (only in mainland Europe) and the last of my supply was used months ago, unfortunately. I'll call the lady who runs Dogchance to see when her guys are here in Hua Hin. If it's this weekend, then we might be able to get them to come out & blowdart the dog tomorrow or Sunday for neutering. I'll find out & get back to you.

Edit - you can buy sedative tablets at the vets, but they're only effective in about 50% of cases, I'd say.
"The question is not, can they reason? Nor, can they talk? But, can they suffer?" - Jeremy Bentham, philosopher, 1748-1832

Make a dog's life better, today!
crazy88
Deceased
Deceased

Post by crazy88 »

Thanks Dawn

You have my number I.should have left a voicemail or a text .I am in Pranburi most of the day but my uncle will be at my mothers house whom you know .Lena,she did some healing on your dogs a while back .i will have a bi-lingual person with me all day for directions by telephone if required .I will be leaving for pranburi at 11am so before that is fine .The male dog almost died from fighting last time and I fear he will not survive the next week this time .

Crazy 88
crazy88
Deceased
Deceased

Post by crazy88 »

Dawn and I have just made contact .

Thanks for the help Bill .I'll have to pass on the vindaloo this time but will pop in and buy you a beer in the near future .

Crazy 88