IHERB delivery

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here. The Hua Hin Business Directory has listings of local shops and services.
SPONSORS: Expat Hua Hin : Siam Old Teak
Post Reply
jungle
Member
Member
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:43 am

IHERB delivery

Post by jungle » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:51 am

Hi , anyone use IHERB out of the states and is so have you had problems lately with delivery.
The last 2 orders were both delivered to Thaipost in Lak Si Bangkok by DHL. and then to be forwarded by Thai post. Neither have been received. Trying to email and phone thai post is pointless.
Looks like IHERB is no longer a option for buying vitamins etc.

User avatar
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace
Posts: 1181
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:14 am

Re: IHERB delivery

Post by 404cameljockey » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:24 pm

Thank for the advice.

When I saw the word herb I admit I was thinking it wasn't vitamins you were buying. :)

handdrummer
Guru
Guru
Posts: 948
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:58 am

Re: IHERB delivery

Post by handdrummer » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:38 pm

I've been using iherb for over 4 yrs. Recently they've changed from FedEx to DHL and the deliveries take about 2 to 3 weeks longer. I've only had 1 package not delivered and iherb refunded my money. DHL tracking is useless until the package arrives in Thailand. Then they post the date of arrival. You can figure about a week more until you receive the package. iherb seems to be the only choice, I've not found any other company who will ship to Thailand. Bottom line, if after the last delivery date stated by iherb, you haven't received your package, email iherb and you'll get a refund. You certainly can't get most of the products here and as you probably know the local prices are ridiculous. Blackmore's, out of Australia, are junk and not worth the price.

jungle
Member
Member
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:43 am

Re: IHERB delivery

Post by jungle » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:53 pm

Also been with IHERB many years both in Singapore and Korea never any problems. It was also ok here until around Christmas time the 1st package was not delivered. I put that down to the amount of xmas post and IHERB refunded. Same again this time package not received. they send it DHL to Bangkok then thai post from there. It looks like it goes to customs first so any guess what they will do with it.

User avatar
migrant
Rock Star
Rock Star
Posts: 3909
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:15 am
Location: California is now in the past hello Thailand!!

Re: IHERB delivery

Post by migrant » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:07 pm

I get items sent via US post office with tracking. Usually the tracking is very good although the delivered status is usually early. Last 2 it said delivered but nothing after 3 days. We went to the post office and they said delivered to customs..... Went to customs to get them, know the people there fairly well now....
The essence of life lies with the dispensing with of formalities

handdrummer
Guru
Guru
Posts: 948
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:58 am

Re: IHERB delivery

Post by handdrummer » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:31 am

migrant wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:07 pm
I get items sent via US post office with tracking. Usually the tracking is very good although the delivered status is usually early. Last 2 it said delivered but nothing after 3 days. We went to the post office and they said delivered to customs..... Went to customs to get them, know the people there fairly well now....
Are you saying that iherb products are sent via USP? I haven't seen that option. One advantage of buying through iherb is that many times during the year, if you spend, I think, 1257 bht with one order there's no shipping charge.

User avatar
migrant
Rock Star
Rock Star
Posts: 3909
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:15 am
Location: California is now in the past hello Thailand!!

Re: IHERB delivery

Post by migrant » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:38 am

handdrummer wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:31 am
migrant wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:07 pm
I get items sent via US post office with tracking. Usually the tracking is very good although the delivered status is usually early. Last 2 it said delivered but nothing after 3 days. We went to the post office and they said delivered to customs..... Went to customs to get them, know the people there fairly well now....
Are you saying that iherb products are sent via USP? I haven't seen that option. One advantage of buying through iherb is that many times during the year, if you spend, I think, 1257 bht with one order there's no shipping charge.
Sorry, no not IHerbs, I should have said that! I had just wanted to comment when items disappear they may be at customs. I wish IHerbs sold cigars!!
The essence of life lies with the dispensing with of formalities

VincentD
Ace
Ace
Posts: 1050
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:04 pm
Location: Bangkok

Re: IHERB delivery

Post by VincentD » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:18 am

Have used iHerb in Singapore but have been reluctant to try them here as some new ruling regarding import of supplements has been implemented. Tried ordering something containing cordyceps from a different company and both times they would not go through customs, even though it was handled by DHL. The person I spoke to says some rulings have changed and it is not as easy as it was before. Think it was around the Nov-Dec period last year.
Was considering re-ordering in Singapore next time I'll be there for a few days..
วินเชนท์

handdrummer
Guru
Guru
Posts: 948
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:58 am

Re: IHERB delivery

Post by handdrummer » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:12 pm

VincentD wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:18 am
Have used iHerb in Singapore but have been reluctant to try them here as some new ruling regarding import of supplements has been implemented. Tried ordering something containing cordyceps from a different company and both times they would not go through customs, even though it was handled by DHL. The person I spoke to says some rulings have changed and it is not as easy as it was before. Think it was around the Nov-Dec period last year.
Was considering re-ordering in Singapore next time I'll be there for a few days..
You may be able to get cordyceps at Boots or the Chinese Herbalist on Petchasem Rd. near soi 70.

Ericg
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:30 pm

Re: IHERB delivery

Post by Ericg » Sat May 19, 2018 11:31 pm

I’ve used iherb a lot and never any issues with delivery. I think I’m one of the lucky ones

User avatar
laphanphon
Professional
Professional
Posts: 273
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:15 am
Location: PKK

Re: IHERB delivery

Post by laphanphon » Sun May 20, 2018 7:02 am

DHL is terrible here. Don't know about BKK, but every one of their deliveries has ended up at customs, or delivered by ThaiPost, in both Udon Thani, and PKK municipality. I'll no longer order anything they are suppose to deliver.
Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness ... Mark Twain

Thank God for Atheists

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ericg and 7 guests