Electrician needed

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Electrician needed

Post by Pagey »

Excuse my layman terms but I need an electrician who can disconnect the mains cable from outside where the meter is connected to the concrete pole.

I need the mains switch in my circuit breaker box replacing which I understand means disconnecting the box from the incoming mains power cable at the meter outside.

Bluesky (and probably Nereus) will be cringing at my description. :oops:
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Re: Electrician needed

Post by Nereus »

Pagey wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:25 pm Excuse my layman terms but I need an electrician who can disconnect the mains cable from outside where the meter is connected to the concrete pole.

I need the mains switch in my circuit breaker box replacing which I understand means disconnecting the box from the incoming mains power cable at the meter outside.

Bluesky (and probably Nereus) will be cringing at my description. :oops:
Nothing wrong with asking! And your description is clear enough.
Why do you need a new main switch!

The system here does not use a boundry fuse on the pole. So to disconnect at the meter it will still be alive. I have yet to see any "electrician" here disconect anything to work on it!

Have you lost your book, or is the following no longer answering?

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=30585&p=397763&hil ... an#p397763
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

I meant to add I searched 'electrician' and it returned nothing. I also looked under e in my phone book but no electricians there........

Man in pub circa 1987.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Ah, I just typed 082 on my phone and it came up with Bus electr......

With my memory no way was I going to remember his name, I should have put electrician first!

Man in pub circa 1987.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Thanks Nereus, just rang him and he will come Monday afternoon and sent him a photo via Line of the circuit breaker box.

Man in pub circa 1987.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

The system here does not use a boundry fuse on the pole. So to disconnect at the meter it will still be alive.
Just to avoid confusion: where you disconnect the cable at the meter there is no way to avoid doing it "live". But of course, the disconnected cable going to your house will then be "dead". The cover over the meter terminals is supposed to have a small wire "seal" on the retaining screw. I have never heard of anyone having a problem removing the seal.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Sounds like you have it sorted. A while back our electric went out so mrs m called the city. They came out in 30 minutes and said our main breaker was bad. There were 3 guys, 2 talking on their phone and one working. He disconnected the line in and removed the breaker and gave it to me. They waited until I ran to the local hardware store and bought a new one, then they put it in, all free.

Gave the guy working (only him) a few baht and a cigar, he was happier for the cigar.
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.