Water truck

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
dundrillin
Guru
Guru

Water truck

Post by dundrillin »

Does anyone have a phone number for a water truck?
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Water truck

Post by Takiap »

Where about in HH do you live? If anywhere near Borfai, let me know and I'll get a couple of numbers for you. Here in the Sahara (Soi 4) water is more scarce than it is in Cape Town right now. The only difference is that the Soi 4 drought has lasted for more than a decade already so the water delivery guys are almost like family, but rather expensive family at 300 baht every other day.

Fortunately the council are working on the problem, and considering that they started back in 2004, I'm sure they must be close to having everything sorted. :twisted:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
dundrillin
Guru
Guru

Post by dundrillin »

We are near the Banyan golf club. I thought all our troubles would be over when we got connected to Pranburi Water however for some reason it went off last night. I caught the water truck when it was in the development an hour ago ----400 baht for 2 tanks full.

Thanks for your reply
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

You used two full tanks of water overnight? :shock: Or jerry cans? :D
dundrillin
Guru
Guru

Post by dundrillin »

My gardener left the sprinklers on,we were out for a few hours,upon our return ---empty tanks.
J.J.B.
Guru
Guru

Post by J.J.B. »

I’ve used this guy before, ‭081-801-4166‬ and he charged around 500 THB for 6,000 litres. We’re up near Palm Bistro which is not too far from Banyan Golf Club so it may work.
Good luck.
"A man who does not think for himself, does not think at all."
Wilde
dundrillin
Guru
Guru

Post by dundrillin »

Thanks for that,I'll note down the number.
Cuffee.michael
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Cuffee.michael »

Hello,
So a price range would be between 300 and 500 bath for a good amount of water? is the delivery time reasonable?
Have a nice day
J.J.B.
Guru
Guru

Post by J.J.B. »

^^ You’re asking for information around price, which can vary, and reasonable delivery time, which is even more variable!

I could be being ripped-off at 500 baht for 6,000l and the delivery time never seems to be as soon as I’d like. I know this isn’t very helpful but you will have to try some things yourself and see how it goes. When there are few options avaiable, you have to take what you can get.
"A man who does not think for himself, does not think at all."
Wilde