Repair to oven required

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
Magalan
Amateur
Amateur

Repair to oven required

Post by Magalan »

Any recommendations for somebody to repair a builtin oven in the kitchen- specifically the door switch has broken. We are in Khao Tao area.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Repair to oven required

Post by HHTel »

Although the oven is 'built in', it does come out! There is a service centre in Power Buy at the petchaksem end of soi 88 who will send it off for repair. (They don't collect unfortunately). There are various electricians around that will 'have a go' but depends upon the make and fault. A lot of the modern ovens work from a control board which is probably outside the expertise of local electricians.
Bluesky
Guru
Guru

Post by Bluesky »

Magalan wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:52 am Any recommendations for somebody to repair a builtin oven in the kitchen- specifically the door switch has broken. We are in Khao Tao area.
There is a small shop on soi 112 that does repairs to appliances, ( Microwaves, TV's Washing machines etc.) His english is fairly basic basic. I cannot opine on his work however he always has a constant flow of appliances going in and out of his shop. I think but you would have to confirm he does house calls. I will be down towards Hua Na either late this afternoon or tomorrow morning and will see if I can get contact details.
'Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way they ask for directions'. -Winston Churchill-
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Sorry, I didn't read your post correctly. A door switch shouldn't be a problem to have fixed locally. I use a guy in 112 who repairs washing machines and ovens. Coming from Petchakasem on the right about 100 metres in. Can't miss it, lots of washing machines, TV's etc outside his shop.
Bluesky
Guru
Guru

Post by Bluesky »

Bluesky wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:25 pm
Magalan wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:52 am Any recommendations for somebody to repair a builtin oven in the kitchen- specifically the door switch has broken. We are in Khao Tao area.
There is a small shop on soi 112 that does repairs to appliances, ( Microwaves, TV's Washing machines etc.) His english is fairly basic basic. I cannot opine on his work however he always has a constant flow of appliances going in and out of his shop. I think but you would have to confirm he does house calls. I will be down towards Hua Na either late this afternoon or tomorrow morning and will see if I can get contact details.
Contact details for Khun Dhom (Tom) 0811983214 His english is limited. However he does have family members who generally help out with this.
'Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way they ask for directions'. -Winston Churchill-
Magalan
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Magalan »

Thanks for all the replies. I had made contact with Bangkok dealers for the brand (TEKA) and THEY actually made contact with the shop in Soi 112 as mentioned above and arranged for them to visit this morning. Temporary repair effected pending arrival of new switch from UK in 2 weeks. Big recommendation for BUSS at Soi 112, his English is fairly good and he seemed very helpful.