Please visit our partner websites for more info on Hua Hin and the area: Tourism Hua Hin | Expat Hua Hin | Hua Hin Map | Hua Hin Property | Khao Takiab | Bangsaphan Guide | Ban Krut Info

Where can I buy a bookcase?

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here. The Hua Hin Business Directory has listings of local shops and services.
SPONSORS: Expat Hua Hin : Siam Old Teak
User avatar
caller
Addict
Addict
Posts: 8112
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:05 pm
Location: Bangkok

Where can I buy a bookcase?

Postby caller » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:24 pm

Any help appreciated - I know about Siam Old Teak and Dan Singkhon.

Looking for real wood, preferably light in colour, 3 shelves (or larger) - might buy two!

No MBF. Nowt against MBF, but not for a bookcase.

Thanks for any help.
Talk is cheap

HarryVardon
Amateur
Amateur
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:25 pm

Re: Where can I buy a bookcase?

Postby HarryVardon » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:20 pm

There are several places such as Index Living Mall and quite a few others in that price class. There is also the cheaper option at Big Kiang on Soi 88.

RCer
Professional
Professional
Posts: 330
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:48 pm

Re: Where can I buy a bookcase?

Postby RCer » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:30 pm

This is the FB for a friend. Her husband makes things out of wood.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009726904457

User avatar
Pagey
Ace
Ace
Posts: 1694
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:14 pm
Location: On the beach

Re: Where can I buy a bookcase?

Postby Pagey » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:10 pm

I can also recommend a guy who makes custom furniture out of wood, he's made a beautiful shoe/storage box/bench for me to my specifications at a reasonable price. Let me know if you require his contact details, he can then show you photos and examples of his work.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.

User avatar
caller
Addict
Addict
Posts: 8112
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:05 pm
Location: Bangkok

Re: Where can I buy a bookcase?

Postby caller » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:34 pm

HarryVardon wrote:There are several places such as Index Living Mall and quite a few others in that price class. There is also the cheaper option at Big Kiang on Soi 88.


Thanks, but Index don't have what I want. Index in Hua Hin is quite poor compared to others I have visited.
Talk is cheap

User avatar
caller
Addict
Addict
Posts: 8112
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:05 pm
Location: Bangkok

Re: Where can I buy a bookcase?

Postby caller » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:40 pm

RCer wrote:This is the FB for a friend. Her husband makes things out of wood.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009726904457


Many thanks for the link, I'll look into it.
Talk is cheap

User avatar
caller
Addict
Addict
Posts: 8112
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:05 pm
Location: Bangkok

Re: Where can I buy a bookcase?

Postby caller » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:48 pm

Pagey wrote:I can also recommend a guy who makes custom furniture out of wood, he's made a beautiful shoe/storage box/bench for me to my specifications at a reasonable price. Let me know if you require his contact details, he can then show you photos and examples of his work.


PM sent!

Forgot to mention that I popped into the Cabinet Co. today and spoke with one of their designers, who will come up with something. I'll also be looking in Bkk over the weekend.
Talk is cheap


Return to “Ask The Expats”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests

  • Hua Hin News Ticker

    Facebook
    Twitter
    Tapatalk
  • Latest Topics