Electric gate question

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
slimdawg
Rookie
Rookie

Electric gate question

Post by slimdawg »

Hi all,

I recently had a electric gate motor installed. 8)

My question is to those that have had them installed, is what to do about letting people in to your yard when you are away?

I am currently out of the country working and need my Gardner to access the premise. So my grass isn't dead when I arrive home. There is a also a guy doing some other things on the outside of the place that needs access.

I was planning to ask the guy that installed the motor if he had a numeric key pad he could install, but unfortunately I havnt been able to contact him? :banghead:

FWIW it is a solid gate and does not have a door access.
PET
Legend
Legend

Re: Electric gate question

Post by PET »

Well you will need more remote controllers!!!
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Exactly. You order extra remotes and give them to people you trust. Easy!
Scout
Professional
Professional

Post by Scout »

Or install a man-door in the electric gate, then give the gardener a key to the man-door. I think this is the most common solution.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Jesse wrote:Or install a man-door in the electric gate, then give the gardener a key to the man-door. I think this is the most common solution.
Yes, exactly. There will come a time when the electric gate fails, locking you out no matter how many remotes you have. Not much use to the OP right now if he is not here though.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
slimdawg
Rookie
Rookie

Post by slimdawg »

Anyone ever hear of or have a remote hard wired numeric key pad? I will purchase new remotes, only thing is if I cant get them to the person, its not as good as just emailing or calling with a numeric code, To gain access.

If the gate motor fails, I can easily disengage the motor.