Electric Gate Repair

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
HarryVardon
Professional
Professional

Electric Gate Repair

Post by HarryVardon »

I am having trouble with my Electric Gate. When I press the remote it quite often only opens 2 feet. I have to press the remote to close it again and then try again. Sometimes I have to do this 6 or 7 times before the gate opens. I have looked at the mechanism but see no difference in the way it works when the gate partially opens and the way it works when the gate fully opens. Does anybody have any suggestions for solving this problem. Alternatively does anyone know a company or person who can fix this? The gate was put in by a previous tenant and I have no idea who did the work. Thanks.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Re: Electric Gate Repair

Post by Nereus »

HarryVardon wrote:I am having trouble with my Electric Gate. When I press the remote it quite often only opens 2 feet. I have to press the remote to close it again and then try again. Sometimes I have to do this 6 or 7 times before the gate opens. I have looked at the mechanism but see no difference in the way it works when the gate partially opens and the way it works when the gate fully opens. Does anybody have any suggestions for solving this problem. Alternatively does anyone know a company or person who can fix this? The gate was put in by a previous tenant and I have no idea who did the work. Thanks.
It is possibly a faulty limit switch. Most of them use a proximity sensor to control both direction and starting and stopping.

call K. Boy, 086 529 8222, he speaks good English and will not rob you.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
HarryVardon
Professional
Professional

Post by HarryVardon »

Thanks, I'll try him.
Scout
Professional
Professional

Post by Scout »

My gate works fine, BUT when it is traveling in the closing direction there is no safety mechanism to either stop or reverse the gate if someone or something gets in the way of the closing gate. The torque is so strong that I'm sure it would scissor a person or animal in two or at least crush them very badly if they got stuck in the closing gate. I would like to install a safety mechanism, but have never seen one in Thailand. Does anyone have an electric gate with a safety mechanism here in Thailand ? If they exist here, does anyone know if it can be installed on an existing gate motor or is it an integral part of certain models ? I'm also curious what the cost of this might be but cost is a lessor consideration than safety.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Jesse wrote:My gate works fine, BUT when it is traveling in the closing direction there is no safety mechanism to either stop or reverse the gate if someone or something gets in the way of the closing gate. The torque is so strong that I'm sure it would scissor a person or animal in two or at least crush them very badly if they got stuck in the closing gate. I would like to install a safety mechanism, but have never seen one in Thailand. Does anyone have an electric gate with a safety mechanism here in Thailand ? If they exist here, does anyone know if it can be installed on an existing gate motor or is it an integral part of certain models ? I'm also curious what the cost of this might be but cost is a lessor consideration than safety.
Depending on how old it is, and which model, some of them have a built in safety feature that monitors the current draw of the motor. If it exceeds a set point, as it would if obstructed, the motor will be reversed. Suggest that you call the number I have posted previously.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Bluesky
Guru
Guru

Post by Bluesky »

Nereus wrote:
Jesse wrote:My gate works fine, BUT when it is traveling in the closing direction there is no safety mechanism to either stop or reverse the gate if someone or something gets in the way of the closing gate. The torque is so strong that I'm sure it would scissor a person or animal in two or at least crush them very badly if they got stuck in the closing gate. I would like to install a safety mechanism, but have never seen one in Thailand. Does anyone have an electric gate with a safety mechanism here in Thailand ? If they exist here, does anyone know if it can be installed on an existing gate motor or is it an integral part of certain models ? I'm also curious what the cost of this might be but cost is a lessor consideration than safety.
Depending on how old it is, and which model, some of them have a built in safety feature that monitors the current draw of the motor. If it exceeds a set point, as it would if obstructed, the motor will be reversed. Suggest that you call the number I have posted previously.
If circumstances allow you may further consider the addition of a sensor beam to prevent the gate closing should anything be obstructing its path of travel if safety is your primary goal.
'Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way they ask for directions'. -Winston Churchill-
crazy88
Deceased
Deceased

Post by crazy88 »

I use K, Boy for all mine as recommended by Nereus.

Crazy 88