Slotted or Vented Ceiling panels

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
paul406

Slotted or Vented Ceiling panels

Post by paul406 »

I am looking to have vented or slotted panels installed under balcony overhangs.
Does anyone know where I could find some in or near Hua Hin?

They don't need to look exactly like the attached photo. I added it to give an idea of what i am talking about.
Thank you all
Paul
Attachments
Slotted ceiling panel.jpg
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Slotted or Vented Ceiling panels

Post by Khundon1975 »

paul406 sorry can't help you with a supplier but someone will come along soon who can help I'm sure.

I'm more interested why you would want to fit them under a balcony? Also, I would not use melamine, as the damp/humidity will eventually cause de-lamination of the layered product.

Go for a cement/resin based product, there is a lot of that around. They sometimes come in various colors, or you can paint any color you like and they come with, or without slots.

:cheers:
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
malcolminthemiddle
Guru
Guru

Post by malcolminthemiddle »

There are a number of proprietary products by Conwood, Smart Wood and Shera that fit the bill. Available at Thaiwassanu, Home Mart and other similar builders merchants.
paul406

Post by paul406 »

Hi and Thanks for the replies

the reason i want to try this is because the ceiling under the balcony is sheet rock. And it shows water stains after about a year. I have tried 3 different repair men and i get the same results.
So my idea is to have the ceiling vented to allow the moisture to evaporate out.
if you all have a better idea please let me know.
I have tried Home Pro and Thai Watsadu and did not find anything there. Perhaps i overlooked it.

thanks again for the imput
regards
Paul
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

The water stains could very well be that your roof tiles are leaking when it rains. It only takes a hair line separation in roof tile alignment to let water in. It's a real pain in the arse and the only way I've found to eliminate it permanently is to spray foam the underside of the roof tiles which hardens and creates a seal that last for years.

Simply realigning the tiles from time to time is only a short term fix as the tiles expand and contract daily with heat and sun and eventually it will leak again. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source