Foam pipe insulation/swimming aid?

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Foam pipe insulation/swimming aid?

Post by Gregjam »

I have made a cycle rack for the back of my truck using 1" plastic pipe and am trying to find some soft foam pipe insulation to put on the section that may come into contact with the cab to protect the paintwork. As usual the response at Watsadu was a "Mai mee" but unusually a similar response was gained at Taworn. I was thinking that a length of similar soft foam is sometimes used as a float in swimming pools but may be expensive.
Does anyone know if this type of foam is available in Hua Hin and where to get it.
PeteC

Re: Foam pipe insulation/swimming aid?

Post by PeteC »

The only time I've seen it anywhere here is to wrap various air conditioning pipes. Don't know if as big as 1" though. May be an idea to check aircon repair shops. Pete
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Re: Foam pipe insulation/swimming aid?

Post by STEVE G »

I've seen local aircon. engineers using that self adhesive foam tape that you spiral wrap pipes with so it's definitely available somewhere.