Running shoes

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
SpitfireMk3
Amateur
Amateur

Running shoes

Post by SpitfireMk3 »

Hi,

In a weak moment, I decided to take up running again :wink: But where do I find running shoes in at least 9.5?. Farang sizes.

Best regard,

Claus
Big Boy

Re: Running shoes

Post by Big Boy »

Premium Outlet, Cha-Am is good if you don't find anything locally.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

Try the sports shop at the bottom of Market Village (basement). They have a good selection.
If you have been out of the running game for a while then take it very easy getting back into it.
GN.
SpitfireMk3
Amateur
Amateur

Post by SpitfireMk3 »

Thanks for the advices. I will have a look a look at both places as I also looking for wide shoes. They are preferable to normal width.

Yes. The reason why I stopped 2 years ago, was problems with the right knee and this time I will take it very slow. Showing constraint is hard for me. I simply get carried away when I put running shoes on.

Best regards,

Claus
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Who knows if anything is still in business there but that newish building (still called Colonnade?) on the corner at the main stop light had several shoe outlets last year. I bought a couple of pairs of Nike running shoes in there at a fair price.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

hhfarang wrote:Who knows if anything is still in business there but that newish building (still called Colonnade?) on the corner at the main stop light had several shoe outlets last year. I bought a couple of pairs of Nike running shoes in there at a fair price.
The entire building has been stripped, rebuilt and is about to be re-opened.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

coming from the USA where a HISO like me just throws everything out when it is worn out, I have never tried to re-sole a pair of running shoes. Is it possible? I really go through shoes here riding around on my scooter.
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
Chazz14
Professional
Professional

Post by Chazz14 »

I brought a nice pair of Mizunos from the UK with me, did a little bit of running and noticed that the soles were starting to separate from the uppers...

Last month Mrs Chazz took them to a lady who has a small stall somehere in the covered market off Sa Song Road. She not only glued the soles back on, but also stitched them all the way round with strong twine. A bargain for B180 (Thai price)!

P.S. being 58, I quickly found that there is no such thing as an easy run here. Even after 15 mins it took me a long time to cool down... Currently back on the bike (i.e. rehab)..!