Buying Ice Cubes?

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
Kumiankka
Amateur
Amateur

Buying Ice Cubes?

Post by Kumiankka »

Anyplace @ HH selling ready made ice cubes to public? I'd like to find a place, where I could go with my styrofoam box, and buy it full of factory made ice cubes.
Big Boy

Re: Buying Ice Cubes?

Post by Big Boy »

There's a place on Soi 88, just up from Hua Hin Wittayacom School. They'll even deliver a sackful to your house if you ask them (not expensive). They also do those big bottles of drinking water. Telephone number is 0325322051 - I think you need to speak Thai.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Sisyphus2000
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Sisyphus2000 »

Doesnt every 7 - 11 sell them?
doggie

Post by doggie »

There is a Ice cube factory in Borfai, down soi 6 over the little bridge turn right 200 mtrs on right hand side....
LIGHT TRAVELS FASTER THAN SOUND. THAT IS WHY SOME PEOPLE APPEAR BRIGHT UNTIL YOU HEAR THEM SPEAK.
Life is like a roll of toilet paper.
The closer it gets to the end,
the faster it goes.
Angelique

Post by Angelique »

yes 7/11 and Villa Market & Tesco Lotus etc. sell ice cubes. Maybe many many more shops also. And if you find ice cubes looking as cylinder with a hole in the midst, they say that they are surely made from clean water.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

If you refer back to the OP, he wanted to turn up with his styrofoam and fill - quite an expensive job with 7/11 and Villa Market & Tesco Lotus etc ice cubes. To buy the same quality ice cubes in bulk, he needs to go somewhere like I suggested.

Points 48; Position 20
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Big Boy wrote:If you refer back to the OP, he wanted to turn up with his styrofoam and fill - quite an expensive job with 7/11 and Villa Market & Tesco Lotus etc ice cubes. To buy the same quality ice cubes in bulk, he needs to go somewhere like I suggested.
Or better still, he gives HH and the Forum a wide berth and we can live happily ever after!!
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Easy option

Go sit in a binta bar mid day and when the ice sellers come get the staff to fill your bin. Bars get a giant bin filled for 20 Bht

Is OP troll or trollop? :laugh:
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Exactly my point, and the type of pricing I was referring to. A giant sack full of ice cubes for 10 Baht (takes 2 to fill a giant bin) as opposed to 8 Baht for a 12" 7-11 bag of cubes.

Points 48; Position 20
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

richard wrote:Easy option

Go sit in a binta bar mid day and when the ice sellers come get the staff to fill your bin. Bars get a giant bin filled for 20 Bht

Is OP troll or trollop? :laugh:
Troll
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

This was a slightly unusual request, but I have no idea why you people are accusing the OP Kamiwthingywotsit of being a troll.
Look at someone's posting history first before you start throwing daft accusations around. Nor will Admin thank you for discouraging occasional posters.
This is the way
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I think I read all of his/her posts and 95% of them were totally irrelevant - whether that makes them a troll or not I am not sure, but they certainly don't come over as a genuine poster!!
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Not to worry. ALL forums have trolls and oddballs. A good few on HHF but let them play and rant. Jokers are a bit of fun and most hide behind a screen anyway.
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Kumiankka
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Kumiankka »

Thanks for every1 for your help.

Extra thanks for Bee @ Naab Thong for filling up my box with those famous round holed cubes.

Problem solved.

Note to myself: "If I can't find something when abroad, smile and ask the natives. Steer clear from the Friendly expat forum."
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Kumiankka wrote:Thanks for every1 for your help.

Extra thanks for Bee @ Naab Thong for filling up my box with those famous round holed cubes.

Problem solved.

Note to myself: "If I can't find something when abroad, smile and ask the natives. Steer clear from the Friendly expat forum."
Apologies Kumiankka, I mistakenly thought that the original message had been posted by Sisyphus2000 who does appear to have asked mainly irrevelant posts. :thumb: