Mercury Thermometer in HH?

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
bluezephyr
Professional
Professional

Post by bluezephyr »

Its red mercury :wink:
Mai ow Khup, Pom Ki Neow :)
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Mercury Thermometer in HuaHin?

Post by margaretcarnes »

Not sure the colour of the mercury matters Mr P, but as yet another old fart - who might well benefit from probiotic thingamejigs before long - you don't need an expensive spikey meat jobbie do you? Just a cheap oldfashioned thermometer that you can take off the woody mount and stick into the yoghurt.
Have you tried the plumbers shop on Petkasem? Between the Mall and the Night Market. Easily spotted - has loads of blue pipes.

(There you go - a sensible post!)
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
MrPlum
Banned
Banned

Post by MrPlum »

Thanks Margaret. I'll give them a try. May your cup of beneficial bacteria runneth over. :wink:
bluezephyr
Professional
Professional

Post by bluezephyr »

I didnt see the bit about the yoghurt, Just the post about cooking, why i put up a pic to a cooking thermometer
Mai ow Khup, Pom Ki Neow :)
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Re: Mercury Thermometer in HH?

Post by Terry »

I'm in need of an old style mercury thermometer (or at least an instrument that is totally waterproof), to measure the temperature at the bottom of my ponds.

I already have an old style medical thermometer (THB 50 at the pharmacy next to HH Makro) but that's no good as its calibration starts at about 32 degrees C

I need something that operates in the 20 -35 dgree range.

Any ideas where to get locally?
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

What about something like this from Lazada: http://www.lazada.co.th/bluelans-water- ... 87135.html? Pretty cheap so no big monetary loss to try. This has 2 metre cable so maybe not long enough?
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

I bought one at Villa Market a couple years ago. Shoulda bought 2 because I've never seen them there since. I have no idea how people determine if their fridge is < 40 F without one.
Geko
Professional
Professional

Post by Geko »

Did you try an aquarium shop, there's one near the railway station just to the south.
0189470_l.jpg