Ripped Off in Hua Hin

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
noneya
Novice
Novice

Ripped Off in Hua Hin

Post by noneya »

Recently spent a very nice but short-lived time in Hua Hin. My wife and I were riding a rented motorbike southbound on the main strauss when two young Thai males zoomed past and snatched my wife's purse from the basket in front. Lost camera, mobile phone, credit cards and 20,000 baht in cash.
Needless to say it put a damper on the visit. But we plan to return to live there. We realize it could have happened anywhere and will just try to be more cautious next time.
A word of warning; I'm absolutley sure we were followed by some young men who hang out at the last motorbike rental on the left on the main thoroughfare going to the beach (right in front of Billy's Tavern).
The Tourist Police near the beach were worthless; he was too busy eating to be interupted by our problem. The Hua Hin Police were much more helpful but I wasn't impressed with their efficiency.
Last edited by noneya on Fri Apr 04, 2003 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
shaneofski
Amateur
Amateur

Post by shaneofski »

Hi noneya,

sorry to hear about that!

I know of a Thai woman who was actually knocked from her bike by some thugs who then took her bag with her takings from her hair dressing business.

Do be careful, there are some really dodgy characters out there who will prey on other Thais and tourists alike.

Thanks for the tip on the motorcycle rental place. I'll have a look.

I live here and I had my motorcycle stolen from in front of my house, I'm sure some of my neighbours had been watching the house and saw that the gate hadn't been locked and took the opportunity to rob me.

Glad you're not letting it spoil your love for the place.

Good luck! :)
sinatra
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sinatra »

i am sorry looking at this post that there are people out there who will rob you in the beautiful town of HH shit happens and it is far worse in the UK
regards
len :roll: