Demolition of Plaza/Karaoke Area Beside Hilton

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
londongeorge

Demolition of Plaza/Karaoke Area Beside Hilton

Post by londongeorge »

I know this is a bit off topic but has anyone heard about the area from Hilton to Centara being demolished? I believe this land is owned by the Railways and I've heard many times over the years that it is going to be developed. It's just that it came up in a bar discussion at the weekend and it was mentioned that it would be cleared within a couple of months. Anyone else heard anything?
Sabai Jai
Professional
Professional

Re: Demolition of restaurants + shops in Poon Suk road

Post by Sabai Jai »

Heard nothing recently but apparently the Guy who leases the land from the Railway where the "Dark Side" after hours bars are wants to clear them out and open a Food Court. Same Guy that opened the Plaza area on Bintabaht.
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

I was also told this about a year ago when the German restaurant did not get its lease renewal or decided against it, I can't remember which.
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Isnt it the owner/operator of Mai Tai that owns/operates the large open bar on BB that is such a success.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

The plaza area is owned by the family who have the Sukwilai Hotels in Binta...They let the whole plaza to a 'high up' lady in HH immigration, & each venue there paid rent to her.
Now I am unable to confirm if this is indeed still the way it's run now, but that was how it was at the start/opening.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

The central bar does good business but the other places all folded quickly and several empty last time I was there.