Police corruption, drug tested in Hua Hin

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Re: Police corruption, drug tested in Hua Hin

Post by europtimiste »

By the way, do anybody knows the phone No. of the anti corruption office or any other place to denounce those corrupt cops ? Would be more useful than all those comments.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

The DBD Director General encourages all to report on any suspected corruption practice by calling the 1570 hotline, promising to look into all the complaints and punish to the full extent, without exception, any officials proven guilty.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

I don't think the "police" fall within the purview of the Department of Business Development. But the idea does appeal somewhat.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Correct. That's corruption in business etc. Didn't read it properly.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

They pulled me about a month back...they were set-up to stop riders/drivers on the track thru' the Chinese graveyard behind Big C..made me wait 20 mins, made me drink 3 bottles of water, & when I still told them I could'nt pee they let me go.. Not hiding, but they were not in full view of the public when they chose that location.
PBbeacher
Professional
Professional

Post by PBbeacher »

Stopped and tested (urine and breathaliser) on the cut through from 94-102 last night. A notorious spot for it and I usually don't go that way to avoid the hassle, but wasn't thinking. They did a rudimentary body and car search (had I had anything to hide they never would have found it, they didn't look in the trunk or glove box). Then a urine test they said was for 'heroin' - I think they meant drugs in general (I kept the test pack, it says it's for THC and amphetamine) - they got upset when i recorded it on my phone, so I switched off the video and kept voice recorder on. Then a breathalizer test, right after I blew it he said the limit was 50 and mine came up just under (had a few small beers with food over the course of 5 hours in the afternoon - evening). Not that I planned it, but didn't think I would be over the limit, and very thankful for that result. Would have been sod's law to be caught out as I hardly drink these days and all the places I like to go I can walk to and usually do.
They had 3 other foreigners pulled over that looked to be having a hard time of it. From what I noticed, they stopped one Thai guy (who blew a 0) and waved others past. Once they found I was clear, they promptly waved me off. My gut feeling at the time was that if I was over the limit there were going to nail me to the wall. Anyway, no attempts to extract money, although the most senior looking of them asked if I would give him the guitar that was in my car which I took as a joke!
Bluesky
Guru
Guru

Post by Bluesky »

PBbeacher wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:02 am Then a urine test they said was for 'heroin' - I think they meant drugs in general (I kept the test pack, it says it's for THC and amphetamine)
The urine test was most likely forTetrahydrocannabinol (THC) i.e. cannabis and Amphetamine Type Stimulants (ATS) If they were testing for Opiates (i.e. Heroin) they would have need needed to use a separate test kit which would have been clearly marked on the packaging.
'Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way they ask for directions'. -Winston Churchill-
bluelagoon

Post by bluelagoon »

Looks that that there is a high level of jealousy towards foreigners, within the boys in brown with their shiny golden wings.

And seems that the issue gets worse if you have a chesty Thai girlie by your side!

How much longer will such open corruption be tolerated by the top brass of Thai governance or Thai Police!? But on the other hand as many are corrupt at the higest levels, things may not change so fast.

What is scary here is that if the Thai Police start to setup and try to rob farangs on the streets, the situation is really getting bad!
Nonsense is better then no sense :laugh:
teddyboom

Post by teddyboom »

Stopped and tested (urine and breathaliser) on the cut through from 94-102 last night.

do you mean the street which starts at the pizzeria and passes Baan Lisa etc?
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

knowing the situation why would anyone cut through the Chinese cemetery? how much longer would the drive take by not cutting through?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

To avoid those who are drunk or drugged up, driving through the centre of town.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
PBbeacher
Professional
Professional

Post by PBbeacher »

teddyboom wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:10 am Stopped and tested (urine and breathaliser) on the cut through from 94-102 last night.

Yes.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

What is scary here is that if the Thai Police start to setup and try to rob farangs on the streets, the situation is really getting bad!

[/quote

Its not getting bad--it has got bad.]
PBbeacher
Professional
Professional

Post by PBbeacher »

Being set up was the concern as the search was a joke and seemed like could have purely been in order to plant something.
teddyboom

Post by teddyboom »

PBbeacher wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:10 am
teddyboom wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:10 am Stopped and tested (urine and breathaliser) on the cut through from 94-102 last night.

Yes.

thats shit since i rent in 102... did not meet any last may tho...
is this only for cars or motocikes to?
what time they start this nonsense? nighttime?