Local transport plan for Hua Hin

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Local transport plan for Hua Hin

Post by HHTel »

Interesting.....

Big Boy

Re: Local transport plan for Hua Hin

Post by Big Boy »

Not in my lifetime.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Felipesed1
Professional
Professional

Post by Felipesed1 »

I can't imagine the Bangkok ians leaving their Benz and BMW at a Park & Ride and taking a bus!
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

I don't think the problem is people bringing their cars to Hua Hin. Many hotels have car parks anyway. The traffic problems mostly arise when visitors need to travel somewhere from their hotels. The basic requirement to get visitors to leave their cars in hotel car parks is to provide a system of travel around inside Hua Hin which is cheap, comfortable, safe and convenient. Hanging off the back of a Songthaew doesn't cut it. And a Bangkokian with a car isn't going to pay for taxis that cost three times more than those in Bangkok. Shuttle buses from car parks 10 km away from town? Ha!
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

Pls. take in consideration FACTS, FACTS: People coming to HH by car are parking at the hotel car park, later if they want to go to a beach and picnic, they have to carry the cool box, drinks and food. Do you want them to carry all this on a songthaew or by taxi or tuk tuk ? For personal travel inside HH up to city limits I think actually the transportation is cheap and OK. The park & ride proposed is too far. HH need some parkings close to center, to avoid visitors using Market Village and Blueport parkings.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Just driving back from Soi 156, I was thinking of this thread, and wondering, if they are serious about this proposal, why are they wasting all of that money converting the road to dual carriageway all the way into Hua Hin?

Points 41; Position 18
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

Big Boy wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:32 pm Just driving back from Soi 156, I was thinking of this thread, and wondering, if they are serious about this proposal, why are they wasting all of that money converting the road to dual carriageway all the way into Hua Hin?
It's not wasted money, it's security. This dual road was planed long time ago, delayed because some oppositions by land owners.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Security against what?

Points 41; Position 18
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

As he's not a native English speaker one can only assume he means road safety. :cheers:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

That makes sense - thank you :thumb:

Points 41; Position 18
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

sateeb wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:39 pm As he's not a native English speaker one can only assume he means road safety. :cheers:
Yes, you got it, unfortunately Big Boy has not this perceptiveness.
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

Anytime I see mass transit mentioned all I see is screwed streets with less parking than they do now and transport never stopping where I want to go.