Demolition of restaurants + shops in Poon Suk road

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Re: Demolition of restaurants + shops in Poon Suk road

Post by handdrummer »

margaretcarnes wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:04 am OK here's a bit of Thai thinking. Extend the temple grounds, thus increasing capacity in the grounds for err.. well, you know. Then have more chance of imposing restrictions of Binta nightlife due to close proximity ?
continuing your idea to it's logical absurdity; turn hua hin into a religious artifact and clean up the whole town, then offer sacred pilgrimages 4 times a year. the package would contain, hotels, food and transportation for 5 days. the rest of the year would be reserved for motorbike gangs to meet and fight.
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by margaretcarnes »

handdrummer wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:13 pm
margaretcarnes wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:04 am OK here's a bit of Thai thinking. Extend the temple grounds, thus increasing capacity in the grounds for err.. well, you know. Then have more chance of imposing restrictions of Binta nightlife due to close proximity ?
continuing your idea to it's logical absurdity; turn hua hin into a religious artifact and clean up the whole town, then offer sacred pilgrimages 4 times a year. the package would contain, hotels, food and transportation for 5 days. the rest of the year would be reserved for motorbike gangs to meet and fight.
Yup - sounds like a plan! :naughty:
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Logical Absurdity-- that plan is not logical---- If there is a plan-- its to make HH dull and quiet, thats what the Visiting BKK Thais want.
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

This is an ideal place for open air bars.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I actually thought on the piece I posted in Thai a few weeks ago, it was talking about turning it into a night market area. Personally, I think it's a bit small for that.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

Big Boy wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:06 am I actually thought on the piece I posted in Thai a few weeks ago, it was talking about turning it into a night market area. Personally, I think it's a bit small for that.
It's small and there is a night market not so far and also Baan Khun Por.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

This is Thailand, and that's exactly what they do. If a business does well, you'll find half a dozen more opening within a stones throw.

Points 41; Position 18
Geko
Professional
Professional

Post by Geko »

Heard from Bar owners around the area after a meeting they had with the municipal, that the area was going to used for locating small mobile food stalls, that would be erected during the day and removed at night.
Nothappyjan

Post by Nothappyjan »

I have returned to Hua Hin after a seven month break and cannot believe how dead and buried the place is becoming. I know this is Thailand and logic isn't the greatest quality of Thai officials.
Everywhere I walked, including past the demolished Moon Smile Platoo etc, was eerie with hardly any activity.
Now they are going to repeat the same exercise with the restaurants etc on the water front, just staggering to say the least.
I have been coming to HH for close on thirty years and love the place, however, the latest draconian efforts to smash the life out of the place are a disaster for all locals and expats alike.
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

It's a shithole and now will become a huge shithole.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Off subject, but I was at Hua Hin Hospital yesterday for my regular checkup. There's been a flourishing market at the back for years - another bastion of Hua Hin gone - why?

Points 41; Position 18
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

europtimiste wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:44 pm It's a shithole and now will become a huge shithole.
Are you just passing through?
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

HHTel wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:10 pm
europtimiste wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:44 pm It's a shithole and now will become a huge shithole.
Are you just passing through?
You seem to appreciate this place. Ha..ha..ha...
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I have received the following as a message, and it makes some valid points.......
While all the focus is on the mess left behind once the r/rants have been 'cleared' on Poolsuk..maybe someone at the HH Amphur needs informing about the coils of loose electric cables strewn/left across the footpath on the opposite side..! They may even still be live..? But pedestrians have to step over them!

Again no-one seems to care what this town looks like anymore..only a few yrs ago there was a push for HH to be hailed as the 'Paradise City

Points 41; Position 18
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

To Nothappyjan
What's wrong with you? There are now 2 yes2 shopping malls. Streets, beaches who cares-- there are 2 shopping malls who knows there may be more to come. Condos and shopping malls that's how you judge a Thai city.