HomePro / Thai Watsadu

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
MDMK
Ace
Ace

Re: HomePro / Thai Watsadu

Post by MDMK »

Ok Global House in Pranburi has gone on my to-do list. The "browsabilty" thing swung it for me. The one thing I am not keen on in Thailand while shopping is the constant "over-helpfulness" of the sales staff. If this store is more laidback then it's definitely for me. Thanks BB, browsing in relative peace is what I'm after.

Ralfredo, we have all 4 flights on the A380 (the 2 middle seats). The little pod thing is much better than the 777, and I so like that we both have aisle access. Last year, in the 777 to Phuket, my husband insisted on sitting in the window seat, then woke me up 3 times to get back and forth to the loo. I'll give HH Home Art a visit too. Too close and handy not to

Thanks again everyone :sun:
aragon
Professional
Professional

Post by aragon »

Ralfredo wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:13 pm Since you are a Skywards silver member I guess you're familiar with the Emirates fleet but for anyone that isn't I would recommend the A380 when flying in business class.

Business on the B777 is absolutely not bad but they have seven seat in each row in a 2-3-2 configuration. On the A380 there is only four seats in each row (1-2-1) so each seat has direct access to the aisle. There is also a nice bar in the aft on the upper deck, a perfect place to kill a few hours in the air while enjoying a drink or two and some great snacks. :cheers:
I have also flown both the A380 and B777 Biz Class on Emirates and I have to say that whilst Emirates have a deserved reputation for service (though to be honest I think that is slipping recently IMHO), at 18.5" they also have some of the narrowest seats in Biz Class on the A380 of any major carrier. Compared to BA and Etihad at 20", Qatar at 22" and Sing Air at a whopping 30", they fare pretty poorly. On the other hand the B777 seats at 20.5" are definitely more comfortable, despite the 2-3-2 configuration.

The bar on the A380 is nice, but can get a tad noisy sometimes, which can be a problem if you are seated close to it and want to get some shut eye.
“He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.” Sir Winston Churchill

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of Jalapenos--what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow......
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

I dont understand this thread---Do Home Pro And Watsuda own Airlines????????????
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

^^ the staff are usually on a different planet! Does that count?
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
hhnewbie

Post by hhnewbie »

Index and Homepro are probably your best bet. Thai Watsudu is more building materials nothing interesting in the decoration department and if you don't want to get out of town too far. Also try the new Blueport on the 3rd floor (?) they have a large household department with lots of decorating items. There is a Pasaya outlet at the G Plaza for curtains, bedsheets etc...not sure if it's still there. Hua Hin Home Art has two locations: one on Petchkasem Road next to the car wash opposite the Land Office or up Soi 112 some distance past the MahaSamutr on the south side of the road, they have mostly wood carvings, pottery and stuff like that, check out their FB page...

Good luck.
MDMK
Ace
Ace

Post by MDMK »

The Pasaya outlet sounds great and is just across the road from where we're staying. Thanks hhnewbie :sun:
Ralfredo
Professional
Professional

Post by Ralfredo »

MDMK wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:33 pmMore home decor things. Curtains, cushions, duvet cover, throws, nick-nacks type things.
Since you mention curtains there is a place called "Lucky Curtain" on the main road a little North of Soi 96 (just after the bus station), on the west side when going north towards the city center.

I've never been to the place so I have no idea if it's any good. Just thought the name was funny.

https://www.google.se/maps/@12.551495,9 ... 6656?hl=sv
hhnewbie

Post by hhnewbie »

Oh, there is one more place you MUST go..Khomapastr located in the Villa Market plaza. If you are looking for cushion covers and things of that nature this is the place, they also have beautiful fabrics you can take home and make whatever you want http://www.khomapastrfabrics.com/web/index.php
I love browsing through this store,very inspiring....usually go without my wallet :-)
hhnewbie

Post by hhnewbie »

Two more places for you...sorry my brain was not functioning correctly until now...
1. Daiso - a Japanese houseware store located at the basement level of Market Village and at Bluport. Almost everything in there is 60 BHT, it's a funky store with all kinds of things that you didn't think you need until you saw them, fun to browse through
2. Someone mentioned FN (Flyover) outlet across from Sheraton just a bit north of the airport. They have a great selection of bedding stuff i.e boxed sheet and duvet set, high quality and not cheap. I have bought a few sets from them before and they are worth the extra Baht. I have not been back there for about a year or so, I hope they still have the same great selections.

Good luck.
MDMK
Ace
Ace

Post by MDMK »

You two are great, a massive thanks. I'm always on the lookout for nice fabrics, and the curtain place will be a sure stop for me too. I can make my own curtains, but the last time I got curtains made in Bangkok, well to be honest, I could hardly buy the thread for the price they took to make them. And what they sew in 5hrs would take me about 50hrs, lol.

And I know Daiso from Dubai, and LOVE it. I will have to watch out in there as I fill up my luggage allowance too quickly.

Thanks again! :sun:
MDMK
Ace
Ace

Post by MDMK »

Must be my "lucky" day. Lucky Curtain is just across the road from where we're staying. We're staying in the Mykonos Condo, and I just "walked" with google earth from the curtain place to the condo. Can't be more than a few hundred meters. :sun: :sun: :sun:
T.I.G.R.
Guru
Guru

Post by T.I.G.R. »

Surprised no-one mentioned the new Blu Port Mall. I enjoy the change in flavor from Market Village, and I Iike the Bangkok personality of the place. Personally I think their homegoods section is great....much better than Thai Watsadu which is just around the corner from our place. That is more for basic hardware. Home Pro and some of the shops around it seem to have let their inventory of "fun stuff" die back a bit. The Outlet Malls North of Cha Am proper are good for some shopping if you're bored or looking for something in particular, not a lot of nick nack stuff. I got good deals this year at the Challenge Golf Outlet on some shoes and balls, and a really nice pair of golf shoes at the Ecco store.....They were "on sale" for about $150 but I liked the style a lot so bought them anyway for special occasions. We don't go south of Hua Hin much but it sounds like it might be worth it now, we'll have to check it out...... Enjoy your trip.
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

MDMK wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:58 pm Must be my "lucky" day. Lucky Curtain is just across the road from where we're staying. We're staying in the Mykonos Condo, and I just "walked" with google earth from the curtain place to the condo. Can't be more than a few hundred meters. :sun: :sun: :sun:
Your posts reads and sounds like a thinly veiled business advertisement.
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

MDMK wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:58 pm Must be my "lucky" day. Lucky Curtain is just across the road from where we're staying. We're staying in the Mykonos Condo, and I just "walked" with google earth from the curtain place to the condo. Can't be more than a few hundred meters. :sun: :sun: :sun:
Watch yourself crossing the road.....

P.S. Mykonos is a fantastic condo..
MDMK
Ace
Ace

Post by MDMK »

Name Taken wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:34 amYour posts reads and sounds like a thinly veiled business advertisement.
Then there must be 2 of us working in cohorts as it was an earlier poster who recommended it to me. Really, get a grip or report me to the moderators. :|

And Ginjaninja, I am a wee bit worried with the road. But good to hear positives over the condo. :sun: