Hua Hin water supply disruptions?

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Re: Hua Hin water supply disruptions?

Post by Pagey »

Name Taken wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:25 am
Pagey wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:31 am Water off in Soi 94 area at the moment. A couple of days ago a neighbour and a team of workers told me the water would be off for a couple of days starting on Wednesday which never happened. I was told again last night by a Thai that it would be off for a couple of days and this morning my tank isn't refilling so just a heads up for you to check if you have water before you go topping the pool up or watering the garden or wasting it having a shower !!
Yes, How DARE YOU take a shower!! You should be ashamed of yourself.
:neener: :laugh: :cheers:
I take a shower once a week whether I need it or not ! :duck:
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Joking aside, I've just put the hosepipe in the pool to top it up and checked that water is coming back into the tank, which it is, so I left it for 20 minutes or so and was inside the house. I've just come out to look at the pool level and the formerly crystal clear water is really dirty and murky.

Turned tap on in the house and water is a light brown colour. The water coming into the tank has a smell to it, a bit like bleach. Anyone have the same today ?

Man in pub circa 1987.
Bluesky
Guru
Guru

Post by Bluesky »

Pagey wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:52 pm Turned tap on in the house and water is a light brown colour. The water coming into the tank has a smell to it, a bit like bleach. Anyone have the same today ?
Copped a bit of muddy water late last night on Soi 102 from the town supply.
Probably a result of excess particulate matter entering the potable (townwater) supply. What you can smell will likely be either calcium or sodium hyperchlorite (liquid bleach) which is generally used as a sanitiser/disinfectant for potable water. If you have onsite water storage you may find extra silt in the bottom as it settles out. Probably worthwhile running a PH and Chlorine test on your pool.
'Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way they ask for directions'. -Winston Churchill-
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Fortunately Saturday afternoon is one of the days the pool cleaning team come. I explained what happened and he did use his little test tubes and put a bag of salt in so hopefully back to normal very soon.

Man in pub circa 1987.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: RE: Re: Hua Hin water supply disruptions?

Post by hhinner »

Bluesky wrote:
Pagey wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:52 pm Turned tap on in the house and water is a light brown colour. The water coming into the tank has a smell to it, a bit like bleach. Anyone have the same today ?
Copped a bit of muddy water late last night on Soi 102 from the town supply.
Probably a result of excess particulate matter entering the potable (townwater) supply. What you can smell will likely be either calcium or sodium hyperchlorite (liquid bleach) which is generally used as a sanitiser/disinfectant for potable water. If you have onsite water storage you may find extra silt in the bottom as it settles out. Probably worthwhile running a PH and Chlorine test on your pool.
You think Hua Hin town water is potable? Or is Soi 102 on provincial water from Pranburi, which is claimed to be potable? Not sure anyone believes that though. I'll stick to buying drinking water.

Sent from my P9 using Tapatalk

huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

The water is very bad these days. I decided to change the water in my jacuzzi yesterday. As you can see from the picture, the water was very dirty. Full of silt and clay. I have experienced this before but not as bad as this time. Luckily the filters work wonders in the jacuzzi and I have two sets. So today I will replace them and add Natural Spa. Ready for chill out with a cool beer or 5 ImageImageImageImageImage
YNWA
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

hhinner wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:00 am I'll stick to buying drinking water.

Doesn't everybody buy drinking water ?

Man in pub circa 1987.
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Hua Hin water supply disruptions?

Post by huahin4ever »

Pagey wrote:

I don't. I have a large tank where most of the silt settles, and in my kitchen I have installed a filter system from Pure with 5 different filters inside including UV. This is in addition to the normal tap, since the tap from such a system is smaller and flow limited. The water that comes out is clear and smell free. I fill it in a 5 gallon bottle which I put on a stand-alone water cooler. I change the filters once a year. No one has ever complained and no one has ever become ill by this water. By doing so I do not have to rely on the water delivery which at times where not very reliable, and at times those water delivery companies didn't clean their bottles properly! Once I got 5 gallon bottles reaking of diesel smell!!!!
YNWA
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

huahin4ever wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:59 am The water is very bad these days. I decided to change the water in my jacuzzi yesterday. As you can see from the picture, the water was very dirty. Full of silt and clay. I have experienced this before but not as bad as this time. Luckily the filters work wonders in the jacuzzi and I have two sets. So today I will replace them and add Natural Spa. Ready for chill out with a cool beer or 5 ImageImageImageImageImage
I have a couple of questions, if you don't mind me asking.

Is your Jacuzzi heated? And how is the Jacuzzi powered by electricity or some sort of natural gas?
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

Name Taken wrote:
huahin4ever wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:59 am The water is very bad these days. I decided to change the water in my jacuzzi yesterday. As you can see from the picture, the water was very dirty. Full of silt and clay. I have experienced this before but not as bad as this time. Luckily the filters work wonders in the jacuzzi and I have two sets. So today I will replace them and add Natural Spa. Ready for chill out with a cool beer or 5 ImageImageImageImageImage
I have a couple of questions, if you don't mind me asking.

Is your Jacuzzi heated? And how is the Jacuzzi powered by electricity or some sort of natural gas?
The jacuzzi is electric powered and has a heater. It is same design as they sell in Northern Europe for cold climate. Insulated on the inside. The heater is not much operated these days but from October to February it runs at night time. I have the temp set for 34 degrees.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

YNWA
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Hua Hin water supply disruptions?

Post by hhinner »

Pagey wrote:

Bluesky said the town water is drinkable ("... potable (townwater) supply... "). I don't believe it is, hence my comment.
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

Found this on Facebook. Seems like the water issue has come to the attention of the news channels now. Can someone in short explain what the talk about? I guess it is why the water is as dirty as it is, what they have done and what will be done etc.

YNWA
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

huahin4ever wrote: Sun May 07, 2017 4:14 am Found this on Facebook. Seems like the water issue has come to the attention of the news channels now. Can someone in short explain what the talk about? I guess it is why the water is as dirty as it is, what they have done and what will be done etc.

:shock:

I don't think I have ever seen water that dirty before in my entire life. Amazing Thailand.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

It happens whenever they work on the water lines. a whole house filter helps or least a countertop filter for drinking and cooking. I use an Eltron Stiebel countertop. Blueport 11,000 bht. It's a 5 stage, small footprint filter and works fine. Our water tastes like water instead of water buffalo pee.