Hua Hin water supply disruptions?

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Hua Hin water supply disruptions?

Post by Khundon1975 »

Geko

An observation on your observation. Maybe, like most expats in Thailand, despite all that is wrong with the place, they like being here as I did.

Did you never complain about things in your home country?

🙄👍
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Geko wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:12 pm
half the bloody town?
Really, seems only a few effected by water shortage, maybe time you left LOS, seems nothing is good for you here now.
iffy electricity supply, floods, stray dogs, lawlessness on the roads, rubbish dumped wherever it is convenient, and probably the same with Big Boys poo trucks!
Just an observation, but why do you say here????
For one thing it is none of your damn business why I "SAY" here, and it has been a lot longer than the likes of you!

Secondly, it is exactly attitudes like yours that allow simple things like the lack of a reliable water supply to continue!

Something affects my family and I WILL complain about it, more so when it is something that affects everybody.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

It could not have been just one pump as water supply was back on in my area but off in other areas, this would be due to closed valves while work is performed on another section, this has been going on for months. Maybe a pump was replaced while the system was out of service but that cannot be the entire reason. Unfortunately it is never possible to find out the exact reason. We just have to live with it.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

there's water line work going on along canal road and soi 58. this may account for some of the disruption.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Not if the problem is up on Pala U road, the water for that area flows from By pass road.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
nellyp

Post by nellyp »

I actually forgot I posted about this. lol I had been saving water for days, until my wife informed me the water was put on days ago. Stil, who needs a silly little bit of information like that eh????

All is well now... until the next time. Here in the twilight zone
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Water supply is off again on Pala U Road, bugger
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Thanks Steve - I've let my friends who live in that area know. They've asked the obvious questions, how long and why? Do you know please?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

No idea, it is still off, now over two days. I actually don't know how to find out the reason but then again does it matter, we have to just live with it and minimize water usage.
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

When after 10 years we finally got mains water to our development, the wife wanted it plumbed straight into the house. I insisted it went into the underground tank with a ball cock then pumped into the house. She thought I was 'silly Ferang' saying the dam would never run dry. Now the neighbours haven't had water for 2 days and we still have 2 weeks supply, do you think she'll admit she was wrong........lol . Not a chance. :-)
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Water is back on now although lots of vegetation coming with it, good thing I have a filter.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Water off in Soi 94 area at the moment. A couple of days ago a neighbour and a team of workers told me the water would be off for a couple of days starting on Wednesday which never happened. I was told again last night by a Thai that it would be off for a couple of days and this morning my tank isn't refilling so just a heads up for you to check if you have water before you go topping the pool up or watering the garden or wasting it having a shower !!
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
Bluesky
Guru
Guru

Post by Bluesky »

Similar situation over on Soi 102. Town water has been off for a couple of days. Neighbour advises that they are doing a mains upgrade and that the water should be back on today sometime according to a local Thai news article. With impeccable timing Murphy's law came to fruition early this morning mid shower. The house water pump decided it had had enough and packed it in. Thankfully it was a fairly straightforward fix.
'Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way they ask for directions'. -Winston Churchill-
brianks
Guru
Guru

Post by brianks »

When people visit me here in Khanom (700 km south of Hua Hin) and see my water tank and plumbing set up they think I have gone crazy with 6,000 liters of water tank storage. We have rain all year around here and don't have water problems (but do have fun with Electrical outages for a few hours once and a while). BUT after living in Hua Hin for 4 years I played it safe and put lots of water storage in. Deep water well on site will never go dry. All you have to do is go to the Pranbury dam and see the little amount of water behind the dam and wonder how long it will last before going dry. All that development in Hua Hin with a very limited water supply.
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

Pagey wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:31 am Water off in Soi 94 area at the moment. A couple of days ago a neighbour and a team of workers told me the water would be off for a couple of days starting on Wednesday which never happened. I was told again last night by a Thai that it would be off for a couple of days and this morning my tank isn't refilling so just a heads up for you to check if you have water before you go topping the pool up or watering the garden or wasting it having a shower !!
Yes, How DARE YOU take a shower!! You should be ashamed of yourself.
:neener: :laugh: :cheers: