Hua Hin after the bombing

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
The Coz
Novice
Novice

Hua Hin after the bombing

Post by The Coz »

I was wondering how things are in Hua Hin after the bombing. I will be back there in November
Big Boy

Re: After the bombing

Post by Big Boy »

In my opinion, things have almost returned to normal. We're currently enjoying a variety of events to restore public faith in Hua Hin.

In my opinion, I think there is a greater sense of security about the town now. Certainly a lot more security checks.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
robcar
Professional
Professional

Re: Hua Hin after the bombing

Post by robcar »

Bag checks still in operation at the main entrance doors at Market Village although you can walk down the steps to the basement and up the first escalator without an inspection :banghead:
nil
Professional
Professional

Post by nil »

At the Jazz festival on the beach last night there were a lot of officials on the stage in a speech promoting the return of happiness to Hua Hin. From what I could gather this event was put together at short notice mainly for PR.
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

Back in late August, I did notice there was hardly anyone on the beach at the bottom of the garden and noticed several army and police patrols along that part of the beach behind
Naebkehardt Road, some as late as 11pm!
Police came up the steps into the garden a couple of times but we're very pleasant to all the family and asked us all how we were. FIL knew some of them and chatted for a while, they had coffee ( no whisky ) and left. My son made a game of marching behind them. :laugh:
Did not stay in HH long, so can't say I noticed much change in the City.
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

One has to be realistic and not worry about these bombings and other terrorist actions or you will never leave your home. If you start worrying and listing all bomb location you would never go to any major city.

You have more chance of being mugged/robbed almost anywhere than being involved in a security incident.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

i remember reading that in any american city, the chance of a single woman in her mid thirties meeting a wonderful man who will court her and marry her is slightly less than the chance of her being killed by a terrorist.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

^^ I would have thought that in any American city there are many more 30 year old women who met, were courted by, and married wonderful men than who were killed by terrorists. Perhaps the chances of meeting and marrying a billionaire is slightly less than being killed by a terrorist. But, what are the odds like in Hua Hin?