Something BIG going down at G Hotel?

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
Big Boy

Something BIG going down at G Hotel?

Post by Big Boy »

I've just driven past G Hotel on Soi 94 and something huge seems to be going down, Dozens of police, army, ambulances, fire engines and other mini-emergency services.

Does anybody know whats going down?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
Big Boy

Re: Something BIG going down at G Hotel?

Post by Big Boy »

Seems it was a false alarm. I've obviously been watching too much Sky News. I was convinced at least it was a suspect bomb, and possibly terrorist activity.

What was it? Apparently they were gathered to march along Petchkasem to mark the start of Songkran. An over-active imagination :oops:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
wpcoe
Professional
Professional

Re: Something BIG going down at G Hotel?

Post by wpcoe »

I walked to Market Village from Soi 80 around that time. In the front courtyard of MV there was a stage with dignitaries on it and various uniformed folks (including nurses) standing in rows along the side. Northbound traffic was stopped and I'm pretty sure they were waiting for some dignitary (royalty?) to drive up.

When I left MV around an hour later, the front courtyard was vacant and they were dismantling the stage. As I walked northward on P'Road, a couple mini-caravans (police vehicles at front and rear, a sedan with blacked out windows in the middle) made their way through/around the traffic.

So, I think there were some V.I.P.s in the area for the MV event and/or other Songkran events in the area?