Hua Hin water supply cut off 2nd Feb

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Hua Hin water supply cut off 2nd Feb

Post by JamesWest »

areas affected are:

Borfai
Samorprong
Kunklong Road (Canal Road)
Phetkasem road
Khophitak
Soi 102
Khao Takiab
Khao Tao

water supply will be turned off 9am to 5pm.
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Re: Water Supply Cut off Tomorow 02/02/16 in Hua Hin

Post by bsdk1960 »

JamesWest wrote:areas affected are:

Borfai
Samorprong
Kunklong Road (Canal Road)
Phetkasem road
Khophitak
Soi 102
Khao Takiab
Khao Tao

water supply will be turned off 9am to 5pm.
Thank you very much,really apriciate it

:cheers: :cheers:
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Nothing on the tesaban website or the water department's fb page. Nothing unusual about that though.
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

Any idea of why the water is being shut off? My home is at the tail end of Soi 6 and we almost never get mains supply anyway so I hope it's to improve the infrastructure...

Naa I hope for too much!
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
dalmatiandave
Professional
Professional

Post by dalmatiandave »

Got a letter from my landlady telling me my estate up soi 88 out for the two days.

That and the two evening black outs is pissing me off, tonight I was talking with my baby (10 months) when the power went. What next.
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re:

Post by Khundon1975 »

dalmatiandave wrote:Got a letter from my landlady telling me my estate up soi 88 out for the two days.

That and the two evening black outs is pissing me off, tonight I was talking with my baby (10 months) when the power went. What next.
dalmatiandave :)

Light a candle, before you change their nappy. :duck:
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

James thanks for the heads up on the water supply. :thumb:

The in laws are going down to HH tonight and although they are not in an area on the list (Naebkehardt Rd) this being Thailand, you never know what pipes are connected to which roads!

They have a 20,000 litre underground water tank, with the normal pump connected to the house water mains, so they should be OK, as they also fitted a battery powered backup pump linked into the water system, for the occasional cut in power supply, but some of their rental properties will be affected, when the water is cut off.

Anyone have any more news on what the water company is actually doing?

:cheers:
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

PLAN A --Fill all large containers with water tonight.
PLAN B -- Go around neighborhoods not affected with a cup in hand and sign saying-- Could I have a cup of water, pleease
PLAN C --Drink beer all day
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Khundon1975 wrote:James thanks for the heads up on the water supply. :thumb:

The in laws are going down to HH tonight and although they are not in an area on the list (Naebkehardt Rd) this being Thailand, you never know what pipes are connected to which roads!

They have a 20,000 litre underground water tank, with the normal pump connected to the house water mains, so they should be OK, as they also fitted a battery powered backup pump linked into the water system, for the occasional cut in power supply, but some of their rental properties will be affected, when the water is cut off.

Anyone have any more news on what the water company is actually doing?

:cheers:
Thanks James. I'm so glad that when I had this house built that it included a 25,000 litre underground tank. A few years ago, the water was shut off for almost 5 days. The neighbours asked me how I was coping. I didn't even know there was a cut off!
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re:

Post by hhinner »

hhinner wrote:Nothing on the tesaban website or the water department's fb page. Nothing unusual about that though.
OK, I found the PR warning on the tesaban web site. Water will be stopped from 9am on the 2nd until work finishes on the 3rd. This may result in reduced or no water flow in the areas James described. The work is for the RID Irrigation Management Information System.
dalmatiandave
Professional
Professional

Re: Re:

Post by dalmatiandave »

Khundon1975 wrote:
dalmatiandave wrote:Got a letter from my landlady telling me my estate up soi 88 out for the two days.

dalmatiandave :)

Light a candle, before you change their nappy. :duck:
Forgot to say it was on Skype, babe in the province...oops
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Bristolian wrote:Any idea of why the water is being shut off? My home is at the tail end of Soi 6 and we almost never get mains supply anyway so I hope it's to improve the infrastructure...

Naa I hope for too much!
I think you're right Bristolian - you hope for too much.
gerryha

Post by gerryha »

I live in Samorpong and they are putting in a new pump station to help here and bohfai (allegedy). Will be up and running in March (allegedy).in the meantime I cant actually remember the last time we received water and with the power cuts along with the rapidly deteorating local roads I am really resenting paying this years municiple tax.
crazy88
Deceased
Deceased

Post by crazy88 »

Had to truck in water for the first time in a long time yesterday. We only put in 4000l underground which goes surprisingly quickly with only 2 of us living at the house and no pool. We have had a lot of requests lately to construct underground tanks on individual properties and developments; some of which we are already underway with. Projects in my area ( Soi 88) are trucking in water whilst the Pranburi water is slowly being installed at up to 12000 Bt per month on a pool villa. People tend not to notice as they pay small amounts of money per day or every other day but it adds up. Putting in a large underground reserve is the way forward. Make it into a useful feature. A BBQ area, an outside bar, whatever you want. :thumb:

Crazy 88
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Hua Hin water supply cut off 2nd Feb

Post by StevePIraq »

If you are on Pranburi water you are never advised when water is going off and it is off very regularly
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali