Brit missing in Thailand

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
bert91157

Brit missing in Thailand

Post by bert91157 »

Big Boy

Re: Brit missing in Thailand

Post by Big Boy »

That publication is blocked in Thailand - do you have a better source?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
buksida

Post by buksida »

Mystery of missing British traveller who has vanished in Thailand days after ringing his parents and told them a man had taken him to an island and wouldn't let him leave

A British man has gone missing in Thailand just days before he was due to come home for Christmas, and his family now fears for his safety.

Jordan Jacobs, 21, from Lyneham, Wiltshire, was last seen on one of the Phi Phi Islands after accepting a free ride with a local man from mainland Thailand.

The next day, Jordan sent a worrying message to his mother, saying he would never see them again and that he was sorry he could not not have said goodbye to them.

Missing: Jordan Jacobs, 21, from Lyneham, Wiltshire, was last seen on Ko Phi Phi Don island after accepting a free ride there from mainland Krabi, and he may be held against his will

Concerned for his welfare, the family urged him to get in touch, and a few hours later, Jordan called his mother telling her the Thai man would not let him leave.

'Saturday morning my mum received a message via Facebook from my brother which basically said he can never see us again, that he is sorry he can't see us one last time, that he loved us etc,' Jordan's sister Emily tells MailOnline.

Jordan's mother Debbie asked her son to call, and in response he sent a number for her to ring.

'He was upset and said that the man wouldn't let him leave. That he was scared of him,' Ms Jordan adds.

The number Jordan had called from belonged to a Cypriot tourist who later told the family the 21-year-old had approached him asking for help and to borrow his phone at a restaurant on Ko Phi Phi Don.

Worrying: Jordan, pictured before he grew a beard, left, and more recently, right, had left Krabi with a Thai man, and has since contacted his family saying that he will never see them again and the man will not let him leave

No contact: Jordan, who was due to come home tomorrow, after a year of travelling, last spoke to his sister Emily on Monday, but said he was unable to tell them of his whereabouts

Plea: Jordan's family, including his sister Emily and mother Debbie who is currently undergoing cancer treatment, have made a public plea for help in finding the 21-year-old

Jordan had reportedly walked up to the Cypriot tourist wearing no shoes and without his bag, a statement supported by the owner of the restaurant.

Jordan has been travelling in Australia and south-east Asia since November 2014 and was due to return home to his family for Christmas on Thursday, on a flight leaving Bangkok Wednesday.

Before his phone call from Koh Phi Phi Don on Saturday, he was last seen on the mainland in the Krabi district in the company of a Thai man in his late 20s on Friday.

A group of fellow backpackers said Jordan had met the Thai man at a laundrette near to their hostel in Krabi, and that the man had offered him a free ride to Ko Phi Phi Don.

The family believes his disappearance is connected to the Thai man, who Jordan's backpacker friends say either owns or works on a farm on Ko Phi Phi Don.

'There was no more contact until Monday morning where my brother appeared online, and after few attempts a I was able to speak to him on the phone using the Facebook wifi messenger,' Ms Jacobs adds.

'I was on the phone for 90 seconds. He couldn't or wouldn't tell me where he was. He said "I need to keep you all safe".

'I asked if he was ok, where he was, and he said "I've said too much. I can't talk. I love you." And that was it. We've had no contact since.'

Before his phone call from Koh Phi Phi Don on Saturday, Jordan was last seen on the mainland in the Krabi district in the company of a Thai man in his late 20s on Friday

Find Jordan: The 21-year-old is 5ft5in-5ft6in tall, with dark hair and distinctive tattoos on his arms and chest

Ms Jacobs, from Farnborough in Hampshire, has made a public plea for his safe return in a post on Facebook which has been shared by nearly 3,000 people.

'My brother has been travelling for over a year with no problems

'I'm concerned for my mum as she has been treated for cancer over the last six months, and is due to undergo radio therapy in the new year. She has said she will go to Thailand and look for Jordan, which will mean she'll miss her treatment

She adds: 'This is not like my brother. Only last week he was talking about coming home for Christmas.'

Jordan is 5ft5in-5ft6in tall, with brown eyes, dark hair and distinctive tattoos on his arms and chest.

He is believed to have tanned significantly during his year travelling, and has also grown a beard while away.

The Thai man has been described as in his late 20s, wearing Levi's jeans, and being dressed clothes giving him 'a cowboy look'.

If you have any information on Jordan Jacobs' whereabouts or any knowledge that could help his family get in contact with him, please email sara.malm@mailonline.co.uk
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Big Boy wrote:That publication is blocked in Thailand - do you have a better source?
Usually, but for some reason the link worked.
This is the way
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Not for me :cry:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Maybe DM had a VPN activated ?
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
Arlo
Professional
Professional

Post by Arlo »

Pagey wrote:Maybe DM had a VPN activated ?
I had to use a VPN. True wouldn't let me read it.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

No VPN, and it's just worked again...
This is the way
bert91157

Post by bert91157 »

It will work with 3bb. Probably not TOT though
bert91157

Post by bert91157 »

Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
jingjoe
Guru
Guru

Post by jingjoe »

doesn't sound like a believable story to me,too many holes
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

just cant see this story havinga happy ending.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Seems he's been found safe and well http://www.thephuketnews.com/missing-br ... -55455.php

Points 48; Position 18
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Tend to agree with Jingjoe - very strange and IMHO his story just doesn't ring true. However, the main thing at the end of the day is that he appears to be safe and well.
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.