Hua Hin ranks 7th spot on the world's 21 best cities for retirement abroad

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
buksida

Hua Hin ranks 7th spot on the world's 21 best cities for retirement abroad

Post by buksida »

Hua Hin and Chiang Mai have been listed in the seventh and eighth rankings of the world’s 21 best cities to retire overseas in 2015 by Live and Invest Overseas.

The leading online resources for people looking to move abroad released their annual index of the 21 best places for retirement overseas in 2015.

Number One on the list for the second successive year was Algarve in Portugal. The coastal region is the top pick due to the low cost of living and real estate. Algarve also has a robust expat community, beautiful weather and affordable, quality health care.

Second on the list was Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, which is a wellknown resort town. There are top-notch hospitals and an airport with many direct flights. Next on the list were Cayo in Belize, Languedoc in France, Abruzzo in Italy, Medellin of Colombia, Hua Hin and Chiang Mai.

Ranked on the seventh spot, Hua Hin was described as a coastal town full of resorts on the beach and popular among foreigners who love to play golf, tennis and to eat. The resort town has good health care service, low crime rate and only two hours drive from Bangkok.

Source: ThaiPBS
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
jumusman
Professional
Professional

Re: Hua Hin ranks 7th spot on the world's 21 best cities for retirement abroad

Post by jumusman »

I hate articles like this... but that's my selfish side talking, I don't want too many people to know about Hua Hin, it's already getting to the point of no return! No more articles like this that drive up the price of real estate and rentals, then restaurant prices and everything else! It's fine just the way it is...
"If there is any religion that could cope with modern scientific needs it would be Buddhism." - Albert Einstein, 1936
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

at least the photo of the beach is horrible.
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Eighteen years ago I spent a month in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico And done many a beer on the Malacon a very cool place indeed!
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.