Hua Hin Forum Appeal 2015: Stride With Pride + Photos

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Hua Hin Forum Appeal 2015: Stride With Pride

Post by Bristolian »

Come on guys it's been a truly great achievement so far and another 23 pairs of "Happy Feet" must be possible .....probably many more. Great job so far!!
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

6 days to go, and we're just a smidgen under 40,000 Baht or at least 113 pairs of shoes. Your efforts are epic, and my next target of 125 pairs is looking very achievable. Please keep up the great work :D
Appeal_Pic_10.png
Appeal_Pic_10.png (71.51 KiB) Viewed 1550 times
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

With just over 2 days of the appeal to go, I am delighted to report that our Green Segment is at last larger than our Pink Segment. This means that my personal target (125) has been well exceeded, and we are currently looking at having funding for at least 142 pairs of shoes. This is a brilliant achievement, and I thank you all.

So just 2 full days left if you would like to contribute further.
Appeal_Pic_11.png
Appeal_Pic_11.png (72.24 KiB) Viewed 1447 times

Points 41; Position 18
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Please lovely forum community from my heart I want every kid to have new shoes.
Think of those children that won't get new shoes they will feel disappointed when they see the kids that have them and any loving parent would understand that you need to treat kids the same.
Please find it in your hearts to donate what ever you can afford and this will totally be appreciated and a hero to these well diserving children.
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Tomorrow is the last day that member's donations will be added to this year's appeal fund. The running total has ballooned in the last 2 days. I was secretly hoping that as a forum, we would manage to provide 125 pairs of shoes. Our current running total is at least 169 pairs of shoes. You guys should all give yourselves a huge pat on the back - a job well done. Thank you very much.

So one last day for you guys to make that difference. Everything is greatly appreciated.
Appeal_Pic_13.png
Appeal_Pic_13.png (73.73 KiB) Viewed 1291 times

Points 41; Position 18
thepalmbistro
Professional
Professional

Post by thepalmbistro »

Donation sent, have sent a pm
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Well done guys... really good job.

Much respect.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I have been well and truly humbled by the generosity of forum members. We have received a massive influx donations totaling 34,500 Baht in the last 24 hours. This has been a really amazing effort - thank you very much guys. Of special note was an overnight deposit of 20K by The Palm Bistro - a lovely surprise to wake up to.

This leaves us requiring just 3,228 Baht to achieve the total required to buy 250 pairs of shoes. There is about 22 hours to help us get there - I will be taking the money out of the bank at 11:00 tomorrow.

This is diagram I honestly didn't think I'd have the pleasure of putting up.
Appeal_Pic_14.png
Appeal_Pic_14.png (70.73 KiB) Viewed 1171 times

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

This year's appeal has now closed. Of course, the big question on everybody's mind is did we achieve this year's target?

The answer is:

YES

Thank you all very much for your generous contributions.

I was very happy when, with a few days to go, it looked as though we would achieve half of our target, Then it all went crazy...........

In the period 17 Aug 15 to 19 Aug 15, we received a massive 51,500 Baht in donations.
NB: The minus figure in the pink segment indicates how much extra we received above the required 87,500 Baht.
NB: The minus figure in the pink segment indicates how much extra we received above the required 87,500 Baht.
Appeal_Pic_15.png (69.74 KiB) Viewed 1075 times
A truly phenomenal effort. Our final total was 91,272 Baht. 91K has been passed over to the school trustee who is at this moment travelling to Bangkok to make the purchase. I have instructed him to buy the shoes as already intended. Any surplus cash should be converted into socks (socks from the previous appeal must be wearing thin). He will, of course provide receipts (at least that's what I've asked for) detailing what we have bought. I will post them soonest, but I am away most of next week, so they mightn't be available until I return. The balance of 272 Baht has been held in the account to keep it open for subsequent appeals.

The late spate of donors did include a further mystery donation of 2,000 Baht. Please PM me if you wish to be known.

It was suggested that I publish the pages from the bank book to enable people to track their efforts, so here they are:
DSC01139.jpg
DSC01139.jpg (127.1 KiB) Viewed 1075 times
DSC01140.jpg
DSC01140.jpg (89.79 KiB) Viewed 1075 times
To date, we don't have many wanting to join us on the 3 Sept visit. Many benefactors have other commitments on the day, which is a real shame because the kids love to see visitors on this special day for them. If you would like to join us, please let me know by PM as soon as you can, and we can make arrangements.

Points 41; Position 18
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Great job!! :thumb:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

After being away for a week, its back to Earth with a bump for me. I've got to get Thursday's trip to the Border School at Pala-U organised asap. I've no idea what we've bought yet, but will update as soon as I touch base with the trustee, who is currently in Bangkok.

Anybody who has not yet asked to be included on Thursday's visit needs to do so by PM to me by close of play tomorrow evening, 1 Sept 15.

As I said, I've no idea what we've bought yet, but will update as soon as I touch base with the trustee, who is currently in Bangkok. What I can show you for now are photos of the trustee buying treats for the kids (captured from Facebook) - there's a lot of hungry mouths to feed while we're there.
NB: This is NOTwith forum donations.
treat1.jpg
treat2.jpg
treat3.jpg
treat4.jpg
This year's list of benefactors, in alphabetic order is attached below:
Bristolian is listed twice because he made 2 separate donations.
Bristolian is listed twice because he made 2 separate donations.
Honour.png (91.17 KiB) Viewed 965 times

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I'm very sorry guys, I missed a benefactor off the Roll of Honour (anybody else :oops: ?).

Here is the corrected version:
honour2.png
honour2.png (105.92 KiB) Viewed 910 times

Points 41; Position 18
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

A very big thank you to Big Boy and any others involved in organising this. :dance: :dance: :cheers:
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Great job again!!
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

thankyou.jpg
thankyou.jpg (64.84 KiB) Viewed 802 times
We would like to extend a HUGE thank you to Big Boy for his tireless efforts in managing the appeal and to all of those that contributed to it.

It makes us very proud to be running a forum when we see such generosity and kindheartedness from its members.

:bow: :bow: :bow: