Helping the children at the Pala-u orphanage

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
rocker
Rookie
Rookie

Helping the children at the Pala-u orphanage

Post by rocker »

hi everyone ,next week I am taking 3-4 hairstylists to an orphanage in pal la u ,, to give all the children a hair cut, there's about 20 girls and 20 boys, aged between 4-14 , the charity jungle aid is working on the project making what will be a fantastic improvement for them , I just wanted to do something direct for the children so I have put together a small gift for each of them, as well as the haircuts I was wondering if the good people that visit this forum would also like to help, it's just coming up to the season of good will, so if you would like to help , things for personal hygiene like soap shampoo toothpaste tooth brushes and of course food packets cans and bags of rice , your own imagination may be better than mine... , I would be willing to meet any where in Hua hin and collect any gifts or you could bring to my salon. I am not sure how the moderator will view this post so I won't put any numbers or address yet until they have contacted me ,, my daughter back in England just did a donation to our local food bank it would be great if we could do some thing like that , well that's me rambling now but I just feel the need to help the children hope we can do this .. Thanks for reading
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Helping the children

Post by Dannie Boy »

I certainly don't want to detract from what sounds like a very good cause, however there is already an active thread on helping this school (I assume it's the same one?). viewtopic.php?f=8&t=28655
rocker
Rookie
Rookie

Post by rocker »

hi dannie boy,just had a look at the link you posted and the photos shown look like paradise compared to the home i went to ,now it just a building site but with help it could look like that place ,cheers my friend
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

The projects are different, but related i.e. AFIK the children attend this school.

I must say, forum members have been very generous so far. I wish you all the very best in your venture.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
rocker
Rookie
Rookie

Post by rocker »

thanks big boy . can i post phone number or address where to drop of donations ,thanks
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Of course, there shouldn't be any restriction on helping good/worthy causes. We'd all love to see some photos from your visit also.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
rocker
Rookie
Rookie

Post by rocker »

my telephone number is 092 361 6757 ... my name is John, call me if you want to donate or can drop off at my salon soi 88 from petkasim up soi 88 over the railway line turn right and we are 50 yards round the bend on the right next to a phone shop the salon name is Rose @salon 88, another thought would be for t shirts and flip flops socks towels . well you know what i am saying ,please try to help .thanks again for looking .John
jingjoe
Guru
Guru

Post by jingjoe »

these are all valuable places for us to donate our money,but on a more local community way we can sustain a family/child simply by buying a meal once a week from our local street vendor,go to the local market once a week and buy produce instead of tescos or villa,buy a bunch of bananas from the old lady on the side of the road or a pineapple from a road vendor,this way you are sustaining a community without them losing some dignity through donations which seems to be the thai way(in some cases)
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

^ That's an intelligent comment, and a way for all involved to feel content.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

We've talked about flower selling children. Next time in the bar area and they approach, take by the hand to the nearest chicken BBQ grill and buy a meal instead of giving money for flowers. She will be apprehensive and look scared, but that will give in to hunger and a big bright smile.

Her handler won't be pleased at all, and she may get a berating when back home, but at least she'll have a full stomach and a good memory of a kind person. It will also show them some independence and teach confidence to hopefully get away from the traffickers. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

jingjoe wrote:these are all valuable places for us to donate our money,but on a more local community way we can sustain a family/child simply by buying a meal once a week from our local street vendor,go to the local market once a week and buy produce instead of tescos or villa,buy a bunch of bananas from the old lady on the side of the road or a pineapple from a road vendor,this way you are sustaining a community without them losing some dignity through donations which seems to be the thai way(in some cases)
This applies to any town in the world. Steer away from the big global businesses and put your money into the hands of local businesses.

Not really a matter that needs to be discussed in a thread about children who have nothing.

:cheers:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

GLC, you're your own worst enemy. If drinking or high, just don't talk. It makes you look stupid. :roll: Pete :cheers:
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

prcscct wrote:GLC, you're your own worst enemy. If drinking or high, just don't talk. It makes you look stupid. :roll: Pete :cheers:
It's a topic about assistance for children who have nothing. Not about supporting local businesses. That chicken seller you see gets by just fine - otherwise he/she wouldn't be in the spot they are.

Completely different issues. :roll:

Edit: Just a side note Pete. When you call someone stupid, you don't put the 'cheers, drinking' emoticon straight after it. It's as if you'd already forgotten what you just typed... it makes you look stupid. :cheers:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

After all these years you've lived here, you can't connect the dots between what the meaning of Joe's post, what Big Boy is doing, what Ginjaninja is doing, what Lizzy is doing and all the others associated with Jungle Aid and the big Pala-U school/children's home?

You come on here, do a quick read, make a judgement without full knowledge of the subject, and make a comment. Why, without understanding the subject and what has been posted? You think me or anyone else is going to let it slide by. :laugh:

Yes indeed, HELLO...you're back, it's Friday night and you're now visible. Let's hear some more words of wisdom. You're not a bad kid GLC, but don't talk shit unless you want people to throw it back at you. Where do you want me to put the :cheers: here...or here :cheers:
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Calm down on the drink Pete. My point is quite clear.

I go to see, and stay with, underprivelidged kids once or twice a year. In rural areas. Buying some bananas from a stall in the middle of Hua Hin isn't going to help these kids one smidge. Haircuts, socks and visits will, mind. Two completely different issues.