What the hole happened on Soi 102?

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

What the hole happened on Soi 102?

Post by Homer »

20141009-HoleSoi102.jpg
Across from Bobby's Bar / French Bakery.

Obviously it's water damage, but where did the water come from and go to? There are few cues of surface erosion other than the hole.
Big Boy

Re: What the hole happened on Soi 102?

Post by Big Boy »

I keep watching that wooden hut at the railway end of that hole, expecting it to slide in. I certainly wouldn't fancy living in it with the current rains.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Sinkhole? Poor road (drainage) construction causing collapse when water washes out the sub surface land under the road? :?
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

It`s a drydock for the nuclear submarine they are going to build. Once it is finished(in about 2050), they are going to open it up to the sea to float the sub out, and then use it as a storm drain. :rasta:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Nereus wrote:It`s a drydock for the nuclear submarine they are going to build. Once it is finished(in about 2050), they are going to open it up to the sea to float the sub out, and then use it as a storm drain. :rasta:
Funny that, when I saw it the first time, it reminded me of the hideous hole they dug at Rosyth Naval Base :D
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
JD
Legend
Legend

Post by JD »

hhfarang wrote:Sinkhole? Poor road (drainage) construction causing collapse when water washes out the sub surface land under the road? :?
...and if that proves to be the case, no one will be held accountable if it is proven to be poor construction, poor drainage or skimping on material depth. I presume somebody checked and signed off on these works as they were being completed, that looks like a good place to start.

Although, more likely, someone will probably be soil testing all the pick axes from the Myanmar workforce, who worked on the construction (or not), as we speak. :roll:
Per Angusta In Augusta.
-----------------------------------------------
http://www.facebook.com/huahinhamandbacon
www.hamandbacon.co.th
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Yesterday there was a JCB partially blocking the road but there was a sign up in Thai stating drain maintenance or similar.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

Nereus wrote:It`s a drydock for the nuclear submarine they are going to build. Once it is finished(in about 2050), they are going to open it up to the sea to float the sub out, and then use it as a storm drain. :rasta:
:lach: :dance: :clap:
A friend is only one click away
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

Didn't all you hear, it's going to be yet another water park. The plastic pedal swans are being delivered on Friday.

I wonder if those 5.400,000 (I think that's the price) new apartments just being finished, are going to sell now ?
Overpriced IMHO as those bigger 4 story buildings opposite sold for 2,850,000 when new.
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Thought it was an extension for the Venezia canal (not enough customers so let's expand!!)
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
ste860
Deceased
Deceased

Post by ste860 »

its supposed to be a holding tank for the water that comes down soi 102 to try and stop the flooding every year ,which then will pump it in to the klong its original size was 6m deep and 10 m long . but as they have dug it it keeps eroding in and its collapsed at least half way under the road
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

ste860 :)

Well done, now all is revealed. Pity, I fancied a peddle on a plastic swan.

I suppose now they will have to rip up the road they laid a few months ago and start again.

I like the way they have piled spoil onto that bit of road that is hanging in mid air.
:cheers:
Last edited by Khundon1975 on Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

I thought it was the railway upgrade Hua Hin's underground tube station linking with Bangkok and The airport under construction.

Or maybe it was the hole that Mr Plum dug himself into :(

Kendo.
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

kendo wrote:I thought it was the railway upgrade Hua Hin's underground tube station linking with Bangkok and The airport under construction.

Or maybe it was the hole that Mr Plum dug himself into :(

Kendo.
No Kendo, that is a much much bigger hole.

:wink:
ste860
Deceased
Deceased

Post by ste860 »

Khundon1975 wrote:ste860 :)

Well done, now all is revealed. Pity, I fancied a peddle on a plastic swan.

I suppose now they will have to rip up the road they laid a few months ago and start again.

I like the way they have piled spoil onto that bit of road that is hanging in mid air.
:cheers:
that believe it or not is there to stop the rain from the road washing in to the hole ,and making it worse
it was like digging soup when i last was there