What the hole happened on Soi 102?

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
centermid7
Banned
Banned

Re: What the hole happened on Soi 102?

Post by centermid7 »

"Obviously it's water damage"

This little quote starts the stupidity of this thread . . .

No. It is not water damage. The powers that be, and they are not very good at what they do TBS, are going to put in a pump (or several) within that ungodly hole with the intention to take the water that showed up last Oktober, now gone of course, and future Oktobers, and send it on up the grade to the klong that runs next to the railroad track. The hole has been dug on purpose and is a source of amusement.

Civil engineering is such a mess here that it is hard to see how they will get it done but not that it matter to them. I'm given to understand that this is part of the national "flood control" budget so it is pretty open ended and someone is going to make a pot load of money.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Big Boy wrote:I keep watching that wooden hut at the railway end of that hole, expecting it to slide in. I certainly wouldn't fancy living in it with the current rains.
Well, I've just come back from Soi 102. That wooden hut is looking a lot worse than it did a week ago. The support for a large area has gone, and somebody has propped it up with metal supports. You have to feel sorry for any inhabitants.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
Stargeezer
Professional
Professional

Post by Stargeezer »

Is that big hole still there? I am very impressed by the picture.
One of my friends used to live in that area, I bet he is glad to have moved away.
Stargeezer
Pluto is my favorite planet!, especially now that we all can see close up
pictures of it.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

It is still there, and the house hadn't dropped into it the last time I drove past. Actually, there are several holes now, but you can see that they are constructing giant drains in the holes.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

^^What did I say?

Nature/Gravity has won the day. The house that has bravely stood at the edge of the hole has succumbed overnight.
DSC00497.jpg
DSC00498.jpg
DSC00499.jpg
DSC00500.jpg
DSC00501.jpg
DSC00501.jpg (84.73 KiB) Viewed 916 times

Points 48; Position 18
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

I've been living in Hua Hin since 2004 and that part of 102 has flooded every year.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?