Shipping container village?

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
dpd
Rookie
Rookie

Shipping container village?

Post by dpd »

I noticed what looked like a container village being constructed not too far from the Swiss sheep farm. Any idea what they are doing? Some three storey sections.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Shipping container village?

Post by sateeb »

Temporary Detention Centre for Visa abusers? :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
dpd
Rookie
Rookie

Post by dpd »

Ha ha Sateeb, you may be onto something :-)
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

Driving by it looks like a company that converts shipping containers into buildings. They are stacking the containers and putting windows and staircases in them. Looks sort of trendy.

If I owned some vacant land in Thailand that I don't really own, I could build a house out of theses things and move it when when I needed to.
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

We handle these out of gauge Virbus Modular Buildings, in the UK the budget hotels use them like Travelodge and Etap they get constructed in weeks and the cladding on them you would never realise they are containers.

Kendo.
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Unless well insulated in some way, it seems like they would be very hot here. I doubt those thinner metal walls have the same insulating properties as brick or cement block.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Many years ago, I was working on a Classified project in the UK, where the items I was caring for had to be kept at a constant temperature. I was located at the end of a jetty inside a 40' container during what was a very cold winter and very hot summer (OK, not Thailand hot). The only lining the container had was plywood. It also had a good a/c cooling/heating unit. Temperature control was perfect.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18