Upscale shopping in Hua Hin

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
LastResort
Rookie
Rookie

Upscale shopping in Hua Hin

Post by LastResort »

Hi,

Are there upscale shopping areas in Hua Hin?
As in places to buy (Real!) Swiss Watches, Brand clothing, etc...

How do the prices compare to the US/Europe?
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Re: Upscale shopping in Hua Hin

Post by JamesWest »

Go to the Market Village mall. Items manufactured outside Thailand are more expensive here than in the US. The airport in Bangkok has a massive duty free area. Maybe cheaper than US. You would need to compare prices on the Internet.
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

The short answer to your question is NO. For upscale shopping go to Bangkok. Siam Paragon is a good option.
A friend is only one click away
HHCanuck
Professional
Professional

Post by HHCanuck »

JamesWest wrote:Go to the Market Village mall. Items manufactured outside Thailand are more expensive here than in the US. The airport in Bangkok has a massive duty free area. Maybe cheaper than US. You would need to compare prices on the Internet.
Example: I was surprised a couple of years ago when I found the Galaxy Note 10.1 cheaper at swampy duty free than I could get it retail in Bangkok. I save around 1000 Baht.
LastResort
Rookie
Rookie

Post by LastResort »

Yeah, The duty-free in BKK is great, though last time I was there prices weren't so low...

As I have almost two weeks in HH, I'll prbably visit every shop in the village.