Improving Hua Hin.

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
Gérard
Professional
Professional

Re: Improving Hua Hin.

Post by Gérard »

Agree with Kendo, progress is happening and from my first visit to Thailand, 1979, what a change !
It has been accelerating in the last ten years, not always for the better...
Maybe, as foreigners coming from developed countries, we are asking too much and would like Thais to meet our standards within a short period of time, forgetting how long it took us to achieve it ?
Yesterday at Lotus Market Village, I saw a new sign in Thai exhorting people to refrain the use of plastic bags. (blue round sign, white letters over a few trees).
A few days before, at Lotus Prachuap Khirikan, I noticed that the cashier was giving plastic bags with restraint.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

oakdale160 wrote:It is always good to turn things around in your mind. If there were a holiday resort in an English speaking country who got many foreign visitors, let's say thai. Would the local people feel an obligation to translate every poster into Thai.
To be fair it's a slightly different situation, as English is the accepted international language.
Big Boy wrote:Whose money do most Thais seem to want? Farang's money.
Um I'm not sure what you mean my this? But I don't think the average Thai gives two hoots where their money comes from, as long as it comes!
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

Gérard wrote: A few days before, at Lotus Prachuap Khirikan, I noticed that the cashier was giving plastic bags with restraint.
I notice a few months back that 7 stopped double-bagging by default. It was pretty much overnight and across every 7 I've been to since, so that must be a change in company policy.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

I do wonder about Hua Hin is it going to get completely chocked, over the years developers have made a fortune in this town until the bubble burst. Now in my opinion developers have smartened up by building cheaper units that are really within the reach of middle class Bankokians so know everyone can have a slice of the Hua Hin pie.

Just imagine this, just outside Hua Hin is a Massive development under construction named the Energy ( to name one) and as already said. 6000 units. So at weekends they will fill up with a steady influx of people coming down from Bangkok on Saturday afternoon they all head towards Market Village and Bluport for lunch and a little shopping there will be total gridlock.

Kendo. :(
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

The 'entertainment' may change. I am surprised that Thai-only gentleman's clubs have not sprung up.
Gérard
Professional
Professional

Post by Gérard »

oakdale160 wrote:The 'entertainment' may change. I am surprised that Thai-only gentleman's clubs have not sprung up.

No need, since there is the language barrier... :D
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

oakdale160 wrote:The 'entertainment' may change. I am surprised that Thai-only gentleman's clubs have not sprung up.
Plenty of Thai men/ladies only bars already if you wander away from 'touristville'
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

But not the plush, valet parking, very expensive gentlemen's clubs
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

:offtopic: please :)
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

A fast train service would be good but the railway line couldn't take it, when I say fast I mean a train services that has travel times between destinations that are faster than getting the bus. :D

Kendo. :cheers:
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
TingTongJohn
Professional
Professional

Post by TingTongJohn »

dtaai-maai wrote:While I pretty much agree with the rant, I don't really understand why anyone who knows the area would take their family to HH beach when there are so many better options nearby.

I didn't read the rant carefully enough (can't think why :wink: ) but I'll let my passing comment stand. And I'd add that if you expect there'll ever be a clean public toilet at the beach in Thailand, you're definitely in the wrong country!
But i bet there will be a little old Thai lady sitting at a desk by the washroom collecting 50 baht from each person as they enter as she cleans it
(righttt) and she keeps it stocked(righttt) :duck:
One word is not a story but it is the beginning and end of one.
TingTongJohn
Professional
Professional

Post by TingTongJohn »

Things I would like to see. Better water checks for e-coli along the beach and more checks for sewage issues and enforcement(yeah right) Better traffic flow..wider roads and push back of building including permits for distance from road way(again yeah right) One can dream.
One word is not a story but it is the beginning and end of one.
Gérard
Professional
Professional

Post by Gérard »

TingTongJohn wrote:Things I would like to see. Better water checks for e-coli along the beach and more checks for sewage issues and enforcement(yeah right) Better traffic flow..wider roads and push back of building including permits for distance from road way(again yeah right) One can dream.

Yes, one can dream...

Even on the "Côte d'Azur" (French Riviera) or "Promenade des Anglais", I would not dare to have a swim when I see all the buildings from the sea and know that
waste waters are never totally controlled.
traveller2
Professional
Professional

Post by traveller2 »

kendo wrote:I don't remember any bridges but if I was going to site two new ones the location would be Market Village or between there and the new Blu Port development and one closed to the night market soi77.

Kendo. :cheers:
There's a pedestrian bridge just north of market village, over petkasem road.

T2
wysiwyg (what you see is what you get)
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

TingTongJohn wrote:Things I would like to see. Better water checks for e-coli along the beach and more checks for sewage issues and enforcement(yeah right) Better traffic flow..wider roads and push back of building including permits for distance from road way(again yeah right) One can dream.

So what you are actually saying is you'd like to see the weather in Europe improve. :roll:

It's topics like this that make me appreciate the fact that Farang have no say in anything. Some of us actually enjoy Thailand the way it is. Some of us enjoy being able to buy tasty deep fried chicken on the sidewalk, or a refreshing fruit shake or a bowl of noodles.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact