Big Thanks to Market Village for my 6.30am Wake Up Call!!!

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
jumusman
Professional
Professional

Big Thanks to Market Village for my 6.30am Wake Up Call!!!

Post by jumusman »

I want to give a shout out and big thank you to Market Village for starting the "sound testing" or whatever you are doing since 6.30am this morning. As everyone knows at this time of year during the holidays everyone is wide awake and ready for the day to begin at around 5.30 to 6:00 anyway. I can almost guarantee that nobody was out last night and wanted a sleep in anyway.

I live in the apartments across the street and I am sure I am not the only one that enjoyed the wake up call. With only 12 to 14 hours to go before your main event it's getting close to crunch time! I can see why you would want to get a head start and make sure everything is working correctly. Way to go !!
"If there is any religion that could cope with modern scientific needs it would be Buddhism." - Albert Einstein, 1936
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Re: Big Thanks to Market Village for my 6.30am Wake Up Call!

Post by usual suspect »

T.i.T!..at the end of our street they do the same-same thing..from 6.30am we have to put up with "HELLO,HELLO..ONE-TWO-THREE..HELLO,HELLO" for close to two hours!..all this so the poo-yai-baan (head man) can give a speech to 50+ locals about once a month FFS.. :guns:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

usual suspect wrote:we have to put up with "HELLO,HELLO..ONE-TWO-THREE..HELLO,HELLO"
I've noticed that as well. Thais testing a Thai sound system that will be broadcasting Thai in Thailand, they speak English :?
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

In our village in Issan you normally get woken at 5.00am by the PYB and if someone is having a special event like a house blessing it can be as early as 3.30am. :roll:

Kendo. :cheers:
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

But everybody goes to bed 2 hours after the sun goes down in Issan :wink:
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
jumusman
Professional
Professional

Post by jumusman »

kendo wrote:In our village in Issan you normally get woken at 5.00am by the PYB and if someone is having a special event like a house blessing it can be as early as 3.30am. :roll:

Kendo. :cheers:
I guess you have to roll with the punches and change your sleep schedule in that situation! Wow.
"If there is any religion that could cope with modern scientific needs it would be Buddhism." - Albert Einstein, 1936
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

can't see why they bother,to me it's always sounds like the volume it's on max. level everywhere a thai
sound engineer is behind the sound system. :cuss:

:cheers: :cheers:
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

bsdk1960 wrote:can't see why they bother,to me it's always sounds like the volume it's on max. level everywhere a thai

Absolutely! The few "festivals" such as the Dragon Boat Racing that we've been to have been uterly ruined by the 120 dB + noise levels blasting out of the sound system.... :cuss: :banghead:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

pharvey wrote:
bsdk1960 wrote:can't see why they bother,to me it's always sounds like the volume it's on max. level everywhere a thai

Absolutely! The few "festivals" such as the Dragon Boat Racing that we've been to have been uterly ruined by the 120 dB + noise levels blasting out of the sound system.... :cuss: :banghead:
Was at that race last year and luckily it was nearly finish so I didn't need to get my ears blown out.
Same when yuo go too the Red Cross festival and would listen to the (again ) to loud music the
red cros raffle sound is very high so you get the "best" of the 2 in a nice mixture at a lousy quality
and way to high.
Go to a thai party with karaoke or funeral same same problem.
My work is in the theatre business so maybe i'm spoilt with good quality and laws on the level. :D
Happy new year to all of you.

hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Maybe I should learn how to make those custom fitted silicone earplugs I bought in Bangkok for 2k. Sounds like I might be able to get 4k around some parts of Thailand.... hmm note to wife about business idea.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

^^ just got new one from my work cost them 9000 baht.

Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

I must be truly blessed because I'm somehow able to simply block out the noise. I was at a Thai venue last night, sitting about three meters from the music system which of course was on max, and to be honest, I can't even say whether they were playing English or Thai music. Whatever it was, it was crap, so my hearing just got turned off.

Same applies to the street speaker announcements..........I can't understand what the hell is being said, but I'm guess it's a load of drivel, so again, I no longer even hear it. The only noise that gets to me are the stupid little motorbikes that have been modified to be as loud as possible, and some of the big trucks, which again have been modified to make as much noise as possible. When will they learn that a 125 CC motorbike cannot be "cool" no matter what you do to it, and neither can a tipper truck be. :shock:

Oh yes, I also get irritated by dumb ass politicians who insist on screaming rather than just talking into the microphones.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

jumusman wrote:I want to give a shout out and big thank you to Market Village for starting the "sound testing" or whatever you are doing since 6.30am this morning. As everyone knows at this time of year during the holidays everyone is wide awake and ready for the day to begin at around 5.30 to 6:00 anyway. I can almost guarantee that nobody was out last night and wanted a sleep in anyway.

I live in the apartments across the street and I am sure I am not the only one that enjoyed the wake up call. With only 12 to 14 hours to go before your main event it's getting close to crunch time! I can see why you would want to get a head start and make sure everything is working correctly. Way to go !!
I hear ya man...

Boy, does life throw some shite at ya sometimes eh!

God forbid you get a real problem to moan about one day. :wink:
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

God GLC, every time I think you're gone, you pop right back up again with more crap.... then maybe people think that about me too. You almost made me go away once.

:wink: :wink: :D :D :guns: :guns: :cuss: :cuss: :banghead: :banghead: :tsk: :tsk: :duck: :duck:
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

hhfarang wrote:God GLC, every time I think you're gone, you pop right back up again with more crap.... then maybe people think that about me too. You almost made me go away once.

:wink: :wink: :D :D :guns: :guns: :cuss: :cuss: :banghead: :banghead: :tsk: :tsk: :duck: :duck:
Not gone pal. I just don't spend every breathing minute of every day moaning and complaining to my electronic 'friends' about trivial issues... I go out and interact with my real friends (you know...the kind that you can SEE)

Sorry if I get under your skin that much. Happy New Year from me to you - the man from the land of the free and home of the brave...cough...cough...splutter.

:cheers: