Best Beach in Hua Hin?

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
curious_traveler
Rookie
Rookie

Best Beach in Hua Hin?

Post by curious_traveler »

Hi,

I am staying at the Best Western in Hua Hin and wonder what would be the best beach to go to? The hotel recommended I could just walk to the beach 5 mins away, however the map shows "hua hin beach" is about 6KM away from here? I wonder what is the difference?

I am just looking for a beach where I can relax for a day, has a few open air bars if possible and at least a little bit of life? Any recommendations?
buksida

Re: Best Beach in Hua Hin?

Post by buksida »

This topic may help: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=20910
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
curious_traveler
Rookie
Rookie

Thanks Mate. Appreciate the link.

Actually, this has been a completely random, last minute trip for me. I dont want to go very far from my hotel to be honest, but what I am confused about is, what is the definition of "hua hi beach". As, I am in Hua Hin now and the beach next to my hotel should technically be "hua hin beach" but google maps tell me otherwise. I am just happy to go to the closest beach, with some life (clean waters are not my biggest priority?).

Any recommendations?

Also, I wonder, if there is anything to do beachside at night..post 10pm and if so, what would be the best place to go?
buksida

Post by buksida »

Looking at the map your hotel is a couple of kilometers north of Hua Hin town where the beach you see in all the pictures is, suggest you venture into town and have a look there. You wont be able to walk via the beach because of the royal palace and their security blocking access to that area.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
curious_traveler
Rookie
Rookie

Cheers,

so what would be the best thing to say to the tuk tuk guy to get there?
buksida

Post by buksida »

Sofitel I guess, then you can walk through the hotel to the beach, or back down the road 200 meters. Have a look at the map for orientation: www.maphuahin.com
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

curious_traveler wrote:Hi,

I am staying at the Best Western in Hua Hin and wonder what would be the best beach to go to? The hotel recommended I could just walk to the beach 5 mins away, however the map shows "hua hin beach" is about 6KM away from here? I wonder what is the difference?

I am just looking for a beach where I can relax for a day, has a few open air bars if possible and at least a little bit of life? Any recommendations?

If you exit your hotel towards the main road, turn left; walk about 50 meters and turn left down the first little road you come across. Follow that road and you'll find yourself on the beach. It's pretty quiet and nothing there apart from White Villa Resort which does have a bar and restaurant which is open to the public.

Your next best bet would be soi 19 which is about 2 or 3 kilometers further towards town.

Hua-Hin beach, as in the main beach in Hua-Hin, is in my opinion, a place to avoid unless you have an interest in squatter camps. :shock: :duck:

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
curious_traveler
Rookie
Rookie

buksida wrote:Sofitel I guess, then you can walk through the hotel to the beach, or back down the road 200 meters. Have a look at the map for orientation:
Great stuff. Thanks
curious_traveler
Rookie
Rookie

Takiap wrote:
curious_traveler wrote:Hi,

If you exit your hotel towards the main road, turn left; walk about 50 meters and turn left down the first little road you come across. Follow that road and you'll find yourself on the beach. It's pretty quiet and nothing there apart from White Villa Resort which does have a bar and restaurant which is open to the public.

Your next best bet would be soi 19 which is about 2 or 3 kilometers further towards town.

Hua-Hin beach, as in the main beach in Hua-Hin, is in my opinion, a place to avoid unless you have an interest in squatter camps. :shock: :duck:

:cheers:
Thanks Bud. Thats just the info. I was looking for.