Danger of flooding in Hua Hin?

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
chillax
Rookie
Rookie

Danger of flooding in Hua Hin?

Post by chillax »

Hi All

I was looking on trip advisor this morning for "whats on" hotel food sunday lunch. When i noticed that on the side it of the page it had a warning.

It was about the the dam being full and it was warning of the dangers in an event of flooding. Anybody heard of this ?

Regards

Chillax
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Lots of Rain

Post by Norseman »

Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Norseman wrote:Have a look here: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=24777#p317948
In other words, we should be ok here in HH.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

....nothing to worry about in Hua Hin though, just upcountry at the moment.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
SunandFun
Guru
Guru

Re: Danger of flooding in Hua Hin?

Post by SunandFun »

After heavy rains I have personally witnessed knee high water in Hua Hin. This was around McDonald area. I believe this was due to poor or blocked drainage. So don't rule out localized flooding after heavy rains. The infrastructure in Hua Hin is dated and does reach capacity frequently.
I wouldn't have to manage my anger if people could learn to mange their stupidity!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Little more than a puddle in comparison. :D
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
code4
Rookie
Rookie

Post by code4 »

Be prepared for anything!ha
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

I have a construction company doing some work for me at the moment and apparently yesterday they couldn't get from their place on soi 102 because of flooding.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Storms fail to dampen holiday mood
The provincial Disaster Prevention and Mitigation office warned local residents, Monday, to move their belongings to higher ground as more forest runoff water was expected near the resort of Hua Hin.

However, reports that suggested Hua Hin’s tourism would suffer a setback were premature. Hotels were operating normally and the resort was open to road and rail traffic. There have been very few cancellations of hotel bookings.

According to DPM office, the forest runoff from the Tenasserim Range has caused flooding along the coastal Prachuab Khiri Khan province including parts of Hua Hin, inland from the resort and the provincial town itself.

A 2 km stretch of road in the provincial town of Prachuab Khiri Khan was inundated by 70 cm of water Monday.

The National Disaster Warning Centre also warned people living in risk areas in Prachaup Khiri Khan, Chumphon, Surat Thani, Nakhon Si Tmamarat, Ranong, Phang Nga, Krabi and Phuket to brace for heavy rain, flash floods, forest run-off and possible landslides during the next couple of days.

Kasikorn Research Centre said, last week, that Hua Hin’s tourism continues to boom due to school holidays this month. However, heavy rain could deter travel diverting family holidays to Pattaya and the eastern seaboard resorts of Samet and Rayong.

The centre said over recent years, Hua Hin tourism has enjoyed a boom with Thai holidaymakers. Tourist arrivals rose 21.8% year-on- year to 2.4 million in 2011, from 1.97 million in 2010, before soaring 35.6% year-on-year to 3.25 million in 2012.

The centre estimated that Hua Hin’s tourism would grow 17.2% in 2013 to around 4.8 million arrivals. Of this number, 3.8 million are domestic visitors, and around 1 million international guests. The town will likely reap Bt27 billion, a 19.1% rise year on year in revenue.

The centre expected that number of tourists in October will increase 14.3% year-on-year, to around 460,000. They are expected to bring about Bt2.4 billion revenue to local businesses, or up 17.7% year on year.

Kasikorn Research Centre is a subsidiary company of Kasikorn Bank, which conducts tourism and business research mainly on Thailand’s economy including tourism with reliable recommendations and indicators on business prospects.

Source: TTR
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

buksida wrote:Storms fail to dampen holiday mood
.....Kasikorn Research Centre said, last week, that Hua Hin’s tourism continues to boom due to school holidays this month. However, heavy rain could deter travel diverting family holidays to Pattaya and the eastern seaboard resorts of Samet and Rayong......
Have the researchers been out of their office? :banghead: Rayong, Pattaya and all surrounding areas have been having what HH had once, daily and it's expected to continue. Some of these people are truly morons. :roll: Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
ste860
Deceased
Deceased

Post by ste860 »

around the botom end of 102 was bad yesterday and a few roads in and around town were knee high i havw a few videos but dont know how to fet them off my phone .

but today no real issues
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

ste860 wrote: i havw a few videos but dont know how to fet them off my phone .
Ok look on the internet there's everything there; didn't you know? You can even do a spelling course :D
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

JimmyGreaves wrote:
Ok look on the internet there's everything there; didn't you know? You can even do a spelling course :D
:shock: As per your signature, there are even courses on tact and diplomacy.
Couldn't resist that one! :laugh: :cheers:
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
ste860
Deceased
Deceased

Post by ste860 »

JimmyGreaves wrote:

jinny im vely solly for upseting you , and bow down to your souperioir
skills :bow: