Unrest in Hua Hin?

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
uncle tom
Ace
Ace

Unrest in Hua Hin?

Post by uncle tom »

Am flying in next week to see my little lady, who is just finishing her thesis at uni in Nakhon Pathom.

The plan was to stay in NP for a few days before heading down to HH, but I've just had a message from her telling me that there are soldiers on the streets of Nakhon today..

- Anything brewing in HH?
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly...
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Unrest in Hua Hin?

Post by Norseman »

On TV they say that some troops are moving out of Bangkok to Kanjanaburi. Maybe it's this move your GF has observed.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

At the moment Hua Hin would have to be the safest place in Thailand related to "unrest".
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Post by Vital Spark »

No troops on the streets in Nakhon Pathom tonight. Just the usual not particularly switched on police operating the traffic lights... :?

VS
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"
News

Post by News »

The soldiers were here for a couple of days last week prior to the King and Queen returning here to take up residence in the Kings Palace.
Maybe because of an improvement in the King's health but more likely because of anticipated clashes between the red and yellow shirts in Bangkok when parliament deliberates over the proposed Amnesty Bill.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

When is the bill scheduled for 'debate'?
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

oakdale160 wrote:When is the bill scheduled for 'debate'?
1st reading already happened and passed by majority vote. 2nd and 3rd readings plus in committee (again) sometime in future. This issue will be ongoing for at least the rest of the year. All emergency measures concerning crowd control around Government House were cancelled yesterday. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

All emergency measures concerning crowd control around Government House were cancelled yesterday.
The Peoples Army attempt to overthrow the government by the weekend seems to have failed due to a lack of people!
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

I understand that this is not the bill that would give amnesty to Mr T. The fear is that if this passes then that may follow, correct?
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

oakdale160 wrote:I understand that this is not the bill that would give amnesty to Mr T. The fear is that if this passes then that may follow, correct?
As I understand it, this amnesty is for the Red Shirt leaders of the May 2010 troubles and those members of the government who suppressed it.