Any "midage" locals Out there

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
poosmate
Ace
Ace

Re: Any "midage" locals Out there

Post by poosmate »

Why not give an oldy a shot? I regularly take a few hours locally offroad on my crf250l. Others are more than welcome -I enjoy seeing the youngsters picking their bikes up :twisted:
no more dePreston
buksida

Post by buksida »

VeniceBeach wrote: Its just i did not find the right word to describe the group betwenn 20 and 40 years old.
Ahh, the goalposts have moved ... I fit in now! :thumb:

For the riders, check out the bikers thread where we meet up and get on the road: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=21738
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

poosmate wrote:Why not give an oldy a shot? I regularly take a few hours locally offroad on my crf250l. Others are more than welcome -I enjoy seeing the youngsters picking their bikes up :twisted:
Those kids can't play a good hand of cribbage either!
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

poosmate wrote:Why not give an oldy a shot? I regularly take a few hours locally offroad on my crf250l. Others are more than welcome -I enjoy seeing the youngsters picking their bikes up :twisted:
Poosmate, where do you go?
GN.
poosmate
Ace
Ace

Post by poosmate »

Anywhere west of the bypass is fun can get almost anywhere without black top. Some cow trails can be challenging and forging old unused trails towards Krangkachan is fun. Not for the faint heartened or those worrying about scratches and bumps - sometimes including the bike!
A couple of lads came with us a few months ago on a trail we found ending up almost in Burma. He had a head cam and posted this:
no more dePreston
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

Eh................... I want one.
Where can I buy? How often do you go out?
:bow:
:cheers:
GN.
poosmate
Ace
Ace

Post by poosmate »

The bike I have ( not in the vid) is a Honda crf250l bought new local sub 130k. I have two Chinese 200cc ( in the vid) give me a shout and I will lend you one to try. We go out most weeks on Friday.
no more dePreston
VeniceBeach

Post by VeniceBeach »

Wado-Karate wrote:I'd be happy to meet up sometime, although my daytime activities are hindered by work - my only day off is a Tuesday. I have a few evenings free, although I'm teaching karate Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday each week.

Give me a shout when you get to town.
For sure i will contact you when i am back in HH
VeniceBeach

Post by VeniceBeach »

Never said i wouldnt give an oldy a shot if that oldy is an nice person to have fun with. so keep your crf ready until i am back to thailand :thumb:
mafiamind

Post by mafiamind »

I am 28, been living in Hua Hin a little over a year, but will be moving in August. There are quite a few younger people around that go to either Stamford or Webster University, although the vast majority are in the 19-22 age range. What time are you usually free?
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

Oo that trail-riding reminds me of the times we spent up around Chaing Rai..could never decide which was best..wet season or dry..?? :thumb:
(we were using Yamaha 250 'Raids'..bit lame on power, but tracked/behaved well off-road)
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Guess i am in midage now, I reckon i am a pretty young 39 yr old! Havent done much on a bike in years, as a kid I had an RM125, had a pretty big off and lost my bottle... does it ever come back...
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

Come for a blast JW and we'll find out......
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
:shock:
GN.
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Might just have to do that, those treks look like great fun! :)