POLL: How many forum members live in Hua Hin?

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.

Do You Live In Hua Hin?

Yes. Full time.
36%
Yes. For only a few months of the year
15%
No. I live outside Thailand
9%
No. I live in Thailand but not Hua Hin itself
10%
I only come here on holidays
7%
Used to live here
8%
Dreaming of the day I can live here
11%
Other
4%

Total votes: 140

cookmanchef
Professional
Professional

Re: POLL: How many forum members live in Hua Hin?

Post by cookmanchef »

STEVE G wrote:
Future plan is 7 months here and 5 months in Cornwall every year, home of my kids and grandkids, hoping to get back there for Flora Day this year.
Is the Beehive pub still there in Helston? It used to be my local when I was based at Culdrose back in the eighties. I have many very good memories of that area and I have to say that a lifestyle moving between somewhere like that and Thailand sounds ideal.
Yes the Beehive is still there, it was changed into a late night/weekend pub a few years back, opens about 5pm until 2am from Wednesday - Saturday I think now. The Rodney is the matelot haunt now, I'm good friends with quite a few of them as my daughter manages the place, still also has The Bell, The Red Lion, The Angel, Seven Stars, (The Fitzsimmons Arms for many years), Trelawneys, and of course the world famous Blue Anchor, home of Spingo beer.

Can't wait to get back there now!
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

I must admit I would like a visit there myself, I haven't been down that way for twenty odd years.
richie22
Amateur
Amateur

Post by richie22 »

cookmanchef wrote:
STEVE G wrote:
Future plan is 7 months here and 5 months in Cornwall every year, home of my kids and grandkids, hoping to get back there for Flora Day this year.
Is the Beehive pub still there in Helston? It used to be my local when I was based at Culdrose back in the eighties. I have many very good memories of that area and I have to say that a lifestyle moving between somewhere like that and Thailand sounds ideal.
Yes the Beehive is still there, it was changed into a late night/weekend pub a few years back, opens about 5pm until 2am from Wednesday - Saturday I think now. The Rodney is the matelot haunt now, I'm good friends with quite a few of them as my daughter manages the place, still also has The Bell, The Red Lion, The Angel, Seven Stars, (The Fitzsimmons Arms for many years), Trelawneys, and of course the world famous Blue Anchor, home of Spingo beer.

Can't wait to get back there now!
Ah! Spingo there's a blast from the past been p-ssed on that many a time.
I do miss my sailing on the Helford.
We used to sail over from Percuil near St Mawes have a few beers in the Shipwrights and the Ferryboat then spend the night on the boat.Too p-ssed to get back to Percuil.Those were the days.
You have bought back a few good memories.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

:offtopic: Please - this is about forum members living in Hua Hin.
richie22
Amateur
Amateur

Post by richie22 »

sorry.gif
sorry.gif (8.74 KiB) Viewed 2730 times
I got a bit carried away
aragon
Professional
Professional

Post by aragon »

We bought a villa in HH for our retirement, but only spend about 4-6 weeks/year there at the moment, as work still beckons and retirement is still several years away, though if the pound keeps doing what it currently is, it might be even further away than that :( :cuss: :(
“He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.” Sir Winston Churchill

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of Jalapenos--what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow......