101 reasons to love living in Hua Hin

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Re: 101 reasons to love living in Hua Hin

Post by richard »

Dannie Boy wrote:
richard wrote:99. Good tailors
100 Able to barter
101 Can haggle a price

Voila 101
No come on Richard 100 and 101 are the same - one more please!!
Not the same at all

Haggle the price is negotiating the readies to be paid
Bartering is 'if you give me one chicken I'll give you a bag of rice'. Very common in Isaan. Some poor people never see a bhat note in a normal working day. Heard of it happeninf in HH. You give me watch I give you a mobile
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Siani wrote:
GLCQuantum wrote:79: Subway sandwiches can be delivered to your door....
80:... as can a double bacon cheeseburger with hash browns from BK. :D

I can get free delivery on Thai, Chinese and Indian meals in the UK but it is not the best reason why I live here......surely??? Especially for you....when there is all that delicious Thai food to be had in Hua Hin :wink:
I prefer western food to Thai. Be it a big mac, Subway, KFC, pork pie, casserole or hot dog (with proper sausage). Tastes better to me! :D I still like Thai food mind.
:roll: There must be better things than that to make you love it :shock:
Of course there are. Most of then were named in the 78 before me. :wink:

:cheers:
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

My 101st reason is that every day I wake up waiting (even hoping and praying) for death because that is the only way I will ever get out of this country... :wink:
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

^^ :laugh: :laugh: Nice to see you, hhf, you old misery! Here's one I'm sure you'll agree with.

101 (a) the opportunity to try food from so many countries whose restaurants are few and far between in the UK. Holland, Russia, Sweden, Germany, to name a few.

This evening we had a lovely meal at the Dutchman, Bitter somethings (croquets) as a starter, and those little pancakes with butter and sugar for dessert... yum.
There's always something to put a smile on your face, hhf. :D
This is the way
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

richard wrote:
Dannie Boy wrote:
richard wrote:99. Good tailors
100 Able to barter
101 Can haggle a price

Voila 101
No come on Richard 100 and 101 are the same - one more please!!
Not the same at all

Haggle the price is negotiating the readies to be paid
Bartering is 'if you give me one chicken I'll give you a bag of rice'. Very common in Isaan. Some poor people never see a bhat note in a normal working day. Heard of it happeninf in HH. You give me watch I give you a mobile
Fair enough, I've obviously led too much of a sheltered life in HH/CA :cheers:
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

richard wrote:Voila 101
Yes, sort of. Many of the items apply to life in Thailand, not Hua Hin specifically.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

MrPlum wrote: 93. I can pay bills instantly in any 7-11
Yes. That's far more convenient than logging onto a decently laid out internet banking site and pressing 'pay bill'
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

Hey...you all forgot the best barbers in the world! Mr S has not got much "up top" ( I mean hair, not brains) the HH barber in Soi 88 used to work wonders! :) Such a good haircut and shave!
MrPlum
Banned
Banned

Post by MrPlum »

Pleng wrote:Yes. That's far more convenient than logging onto a decently laid out internet banking site and pressing 'pay bill'
No need for the sarcasm. :tsk: Yes you can pay some bills online if you have set it up but not every 'peasant' has online banking and sometimes the connection goes down. It is obviously more convenient for those people. I'm not aware you can do that back in the UK, unless that has changed?

Thanks for pointing it out though. I've just set up my water and electricity bills, which I didn't realize I could do.
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

You have been able to pay bills online in the UK for a few years.
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
MrPlum
Banned
Banned

Post by MrPlum »

lindosfan1 wrote:You have been able to pay bills online in the UK for a few years.
That's nice but I was referring to paying bills in convenience stores.
MrPlum
Banned
Banned

Post by MrPlum »

hhfarang wrote:My 101st reason is that every day I wake up waiting (even hoping and praying) for death because that is the only way I will ever get out of this country... :wink:
Hope to see you at the forum meet, hhf. Bound to be someone there who can cheer you up a bit. :cheers:
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

For me, there many reasons, one they fall under one primary reason................I have the level of freedom I've always desired.

Yes, I know people can argue that Thailand is not free, and they can use issues like press censorship to back up such arguments, but none of that concerns me in the least. Maybe a selfish attitude, but so be it.

For me as an individual, it feels like a have far more freedom here that I've had elsewhere. As long as you stick within certain limits, it seems nobody gives a damn what you're doing - great.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
MrPlum
Banned
Banned

Post by MrPlum »

Takiap wrote:For me as an individual, it feels like a have far more freedom here that I've had elsewhere. As long as you stick within certain limits, it seems nobody gives a damn what you're doing - great.
The idea we have freedom is a myth anyway. In the UK and Europe just think of all the licences required to do anything, taxes on just about everything and nations drowning in laws. Then add political correctness and a burgeoning surveillance society. It's a wonder we can function at all.

I do agree, though, that it feels more free here. Long may it continue.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

MrPlum wrote:
Pleng wrote:Yes. That's far more convenient than logging onto a decently laid out internet banking site and pressing 'pay bill'
No need for the sarcasm. :tsk: Yes you can pay some bills online if you have set it up but not every 'peasant' has online banking and sometimes the connection goes down. It is obviously more convenient for those people. I'm not aware you can do that back in the UK, unless that has changed?

Thanks for pointing it out though. I've just set up my water and electricity bills, which I didn't realize I could do.
I wasn't aware that you could pay any bills online in Thailand.

My comment was meant to imply that being able to pay bills at a 7-11 is hardly a reason to love living in Thailand, as in most of the countries we've come from, there are much more convenient ways to do it.