Hua Hin Bluport Mall news, events and updates

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
caller
Hero
Hero

Re: Hua Hin Bluport Mall news, events and updates

Post by caller »

Okay, my other half works for the The Mall Group (but not often at Bluport), but she will try to find out what's happening.
Talk is cheap
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Thanks, it's not a big deal as there are plenty of alternate routes. My real interest was the ability to access the entire car park if I use the underground entrance in future.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

She has had a reply, with a coupe of pics. The signs on the road are the responsibility of the local municipality but they don't seem to aware of any blockage? Here's a couple of pics they sent her:
thumbnail_1516547241323.jpg
1516547235033.jpg
Basically, they say heading south or north, just enter the main car park entrance as normal and ignore any signs, especially those in the 2nd pic. The first pic was taken a little while ago and apparantly shows there is no blocks on the road?
Talk is cheap
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

That sign is similar to one I encountered going South yesterday.
Basically, they say heading south or north, just enter the main car park entrance as normal and ignore any signs, especially those in the 2nd pic.
Is this similar to being waved through red traffic lights? I probably need to adopt more of a Thai driving attitude, and ignore the signs.

Not having a go at you caller. It's probably me adapting to Thai driving slower than I thought. I'll never get used to ignoring signs that have been put there to do a job - confuse the Farang.

Points 41; Position 18
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Norseman »

That picture no. 2 says; no traffic straightforward, make a right turn.
What is the point with signs if you are told to just ignore them?
I'm totally with you on this BB and this is just nothing I'm able to adapt to.
Frank Hovis
Legend
Legend

Post by Frank Hovis »

"That picture no. 2 says; no traffic straightforward, make a right turn"

But it doesn't really.

In Thai road signs there is no sign that is 'a red circle with a vertical arrow crossed out' meaning 'no entry'. They used to have one but it is no longer a legal road sign.
The 'No Entry' sign is the same as you'd expect to find in the UK and most of Europe; a filled red circle with a horizontal white bar.

Thai road signs also do not have a 'red circle with a right arrow' meaning 'turn right'. They used to have one but it is no longer a legal road sign.
The 'Turn Right' sign is the same as you'd expect to find in the UK and most of Europe; a filled blue circle with a white right turn arrow.

These aren't just Thai road signs, these are 'Market Village' road signs.
Thai road signs can be found here ... http://www.doh.go.th/doh/th/details/old ... -sign.html
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Believe me, when its attached to a barrier, in the middle of the road, official or not, it sends out the message, no entry.

Points 41; Position 18
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I've received another message this morning, as what has been going on outside seems to have come as a surprise to the store as well, but they have checked and it seems the Police put the barriers up, so nothing to do with Bluport whatsoever. So, no don't ignore the signs.

And just to clarify what I meant to say was that if heading south and there are signs, a barrier, whatever, saying turn left immediately before Bluport, thus forcing you into the basement car park, the advice I got was to ignore them, because it wasn't Bluport doing that, but in view of the new message I have received this morning that it was the Police, then the obvious advice has to be no, don't ignore it.

As a result of the comments made here, the management of Bluport have made efforts to find out what was happening and they have now done so. Probably anywhere else, the Police might have liaised with a store adjacent to any barriers they were going to put up, but clearly not here.

As for waving folk through red lights, make a complaint as I did, they do take note when people do, but it needs more than me to do that. Or perhaps they should do as Bangkok Hospital do, and just leave the lights to do their own thing and not have attendants there, after all it is meant to be a Police responsibility to Police the lights and they have said they aren't going to do that. Hence Bluport doing it instead.
Last edited by caller on Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Talk is cheap
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Thank you caller for your sterling efforts - they have been appreciated. However, this has only served to pose more questions, which I will ask on a non-Bluport related thread in the Motoring forum.

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=35857

Points 41; Position 18
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Not my efforts BB, the General Manager at the store dealt with it late last night and has obviously made further enquiries this morning.
Talk is cheap
nil
Professional
Professional

Post by nil »

They built a massive shopping mall without planning the road infrastructure around it. That barrier has been blocking the road when i've been past recently and it probably should do as I've been stuck on that small road in a jam where it is too narrow for cars to pass each other.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

LOL, I'd still like to know if upper floors are usually accessible from the basement car park, or whether the up eramp is an official motorcycle park these days.

Points 41; Position 18
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Lack of planning of infrastrure leading to traffic jams and difficulty in accessing the Mall--- luckily we have the HH traffic police on the job and who can doubt that they will sort it out with their usual efficiency and open palms.
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

Yesterday's Bangkok Post says you have lots for 'Supercar parking' in one of the malls??
https://www.bangkokpost.com/lifestyle/s ... -of-luxury
วินเชนท์
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I hate everything 'supercar' parking represents and it's everywhere. In Thonglor Sukhumvit 55, at J Avenue, which is a parade of shops and restaurants over 3 floors, with MacDonalds at it's start and VM bringing up the rear, they have such parking and now a bank has taken over half a dozen spaces for their customers. There's less than 20 spaces in all and you generally can't access almost half of them at any given time. So now if stopping somewhere to grab a few bits and bobs before heading back to where we stay, we go to TOPS a bit further along the same road. It has all the above, parking for supercars, banks et al, but it's a much bigger car park, so VM have lost our custom in those circumstances. But it's always busy, so I don't suppose they notice and in other circumstances, I walk there.
Talk is cheap