Hua Hin Bluport Mall news, events and updates

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Hua Hin Bluport Mall news and updates

Post by StevePIraq »

caller wrote:Just a word to the wise about my experience at Peppina restaurant on the ground floor at Bluport earlier this evening. I decided to get a take away pizza to snack on whilst watching the footy tonight, but only because they do a Diavola (spicy salami) pizza, which happens to be my favourite.

It's not cheap at 400 baht but that 400 baht morphed into 470 baht when I got the bill as service charges and VAT were added to the bill. I hate places that do that and certainly wouldn't have bought it had I known (yes I know I should have checked), but a service charge for a take away? I think they are taking the proverbial and my other half tried to raise this with them, but just got that inane grin when Thai staff don't know how to respond. To rub salt into the wound, they couldn't even give us a bag to carry the pizza away in, so great service it certainly wasn't (the good folk at Gourmet market were happy to provide a bag when we subsequently shopped there).

I haven't tried it yet, but the pizza does look good, but as a point of principle because I feel fleeced, I won't ever be using this place again.
I had the same at S&P, ordered at one price when the bill came it has a 17% increase for VAT and service charge, not again for sure
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
robcar
Professional
Professional

Post by robcar »

I'm afraid I would have walked.............in both instances
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

Stopped at Subway at Bluport today because I hadn't seen it here before.
The toppings (lettuce, onions, cucumbers, etc) were down right scary. Nothing was fresh.
Anyone tried eating there before?
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Subway has been in HH for some years now. I've always found that you get what you ask for. Choice of fillings, type of bread etc.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

HHTel wrote:Subway has been in HH for some years now. I've always found that you get what you ask for. Choice of fillings, type of bread etc.
You do but I think Rcer was complaining about the quality not the selection.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

HHTel wrote:Subway has been in HH for some years now. I've always found that you get what you ask for. Choice of fillings, type of bread etc.
It was the first time I'd seen Subway in a year. I was wanting to get one to take home. But the toppings scared me off.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I've not been for a while but the original Subway next to McDonalds was certainly operating earlier this year.
Thistle
Professional
Professional

Post by Thistle »

Visited Bluport yesterday for second time,,,,,,,,,main reason,had been tesco lotus,bought several items,but no potatoes,decided to try BP as on way home,found potatoes,similar to Villa market prices,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,5 check outs open,not a single customer,even had a someone put the potatoes in plastic bag for me and wish me"have a nice day".Was amazed to see how quiet Bluport was,market village seemed to be considerably busier.
buksida

Post by buksida »

15589659_1275885439140190_7744381803422999599_n.jpg
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
ahandpatsy
Professional
Professional

Post by ahandpatsy »

I really don't get what blueport is supposed to be I was told before I visited that it was high end expensive for hi so visitors I have been a couple of times and instead of armani gucci etc I was got 4 floors of bang average stuff at high prices on Wednesday last week there was 15 staff in the sports store just to look after me everybody in the shops are either on the phone watching a movie or asleep

I watched a movie on the chairs outside it was a nice idea but nobody cleaned up the crap left by others on the tables until 11 30 so had to sit amongst beer bottles and stale pizza poor poor management I think

If nothing changes I give it 2 years
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

ahandpatsy wrote:I really don't get what blueport is supposed to be I was told before I visited that it was high end expensive for hi so visitors I have been a couple of times and instead of armani gucci etc I was got 4 floors of bang average stuff at high prices on Wednesday last week there was 15 staff in the sports store just to look after me everybody in the shops are either on the phone watching a movie or asleep

I watched a movie on the chairs outside it was a nice idea but nobody cleaned up the crap left by others on the tables until 11 30 so had to sit amongst beer bottles and stale pizza poor poor management I think

If nothing changes I give it 2 years
Sitting amongst the crap is just like being at the beach after Thais have been there
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Went today for lunch and after posts on HHF I had time to look into the supermarket and see what potatoes they had.

What a disappointment because there were two tiny places and each had bags filled with no more than 2 potatoes, no mention of type or origin and the prices around 75/90 per kilo - I left and thought that my visit to Villa Market was the place for me. However mashed or boiled at Makro 40 per kilo are #1
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
blahblah
Amateur
Amateur

Blue Port Security

Post by blahblah »

Hope this is the correct place to post this question ...

What's with the young chaps in Blue Port who stand at the door next to the "metal detector" ?

Is is indeed a metal detector ?

Every time I walk thought it, the machine emits a few peeps, and yet no one checks my bag ... and I have been going every day for the last 5 days (since I discovered Dean and Delucca frappes, hmmm)
caller
Hero
Hero

Re: Blue Port Security

Post by caller »

blahblah wrote:Hope this is the correct place to post this question ...

What's with the young chaps in Blue Port who stand at the door next to the "metal detector" ?

Is is indeed a metal detector ?

Every time I walk thought it, the machine emits a few peeps, and yet no one checks my bag ... and I have been going every day for the last 5 days (since I discovered Dean and Delucca frappes, hmmm)
That's consistent with Thai security everywhere - and I assume you're a farang, that's a factor as well.

The Malls in Bkk are even funnier checking cars. A mirror on a broom gives a cursory sweep under the car, but the boot is not checked! Off to a Mall shortly, be interesting to see if they still bother doing that.
Talk is cheap
RCer
Ace
Ace

Re: Blue Port Security

Post by RCer »

Metal detectors, x-ray machines, etc are all about providing a psychological benefit to the people going through them. They provide no real security.

If airports were serious, airplanes would not have a door between the cockpit and the passenger area of the plane. The cockpit would have a separate entry from outside and they would have their own toilet. A plane that cannot be taken control of cannot be hijacked.