Hua Hin Bluport Mall news, events and updates

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
The understudy
Ace
Ace

Hua Hin Bluport Mall news, events and updates

Post by The understudy »

Hi there Ladies & Gentleguys of Hua Hin Forum!

I just snapped up this News on the Business Section of Bangkok Post. My first reaction I spit out my afternoon Tea in initial shock & awe and my initial thought was "Ohh My Buddha! Traffic on Petchkasem will be a nightmare outbound towards Khao Takiap and inbound to Hua Hin. And @ virtually the same time I thought: "I guess The Mall Hua Hin just snatchted A prime location of Centrals Nose.

Now here's the Article to enjoy or spoil your morning Breakfast up to you!!!

B5bn Hua Hin mall in pipeline
Emporium branch slated for 2014

Published: 17/09/2012 at 01:56 AMNewspaper section: Business
The Mall Group, the country's second-largest retail chain, is forming an alliance with the Liptapanlop family to jointly develop a large-scale shopping and entertainment complex in Hua Hin next year.

A 50:50 joint venture will be soon set up by the Mall Group and Proud Group, which is now under the management of Proudputh, the daughter of veteran politician and chief adviser of Chart Pattana Puea Pandin Party Suwat Liptaponlop, to run the retail project.

The venture requires an investment of 5 billion baht to develop the retail project, which is located on a 20-rai plot on Phetkasem Road opposite Intercontinental Hua Hin Resort and close to Hua Hin Market Village.

Construction is scheduled to start by early next year and will be completed in 2014.

The Mall Hua Hin will be a mixed-use complex with retail space between 80,000-100,000 square metres. It will comprise The Mall department store, a retail plaza, a financial services area, entertainment anchors, international fashion brand name stores and a five-star hotel.

The Mall Hua Hin will be the eighth retail project under the Mall Group and the second provincial branch after the Mall Korat in Nakhon Ratchasima, which was opened several years ago.

A source in the retail industry said Hua Hin is an attractive market for investors. The charming resort town in Prachuap Khiri Khan province started booming in the past five years with new property developments from hotels, resort condominiums, hospitals and even theme amusement parks. Hua Hin had 2 million tourist arrivals last year and nearby Phetchaburi province had 4 million.

The community mall Hua Hin Market Village dominates the retail market, but other competitors include Tesco Lotus, Makro Food Service, Index Living and Chic Republic.

One fashion supplier said he received an invitation letter from The Mall Group for the project presentation in the third week of October.

Apart from The Mall Hua Hin, the company also plans to open a second branch of The Emporium opposite the current location on Sukhumvit Road in 2014.

Supaluck Umpujh, chief executive of The Mall Group, said the group's policy was to expand its business step by step.

"To become the market leader in Thailand's retail industry is not our aim. For me, I'm happy to have business sustainability," she said.

Apart from its own investment, The Mall Group has expanded to manage other retail projects, focusing on the Gourmet Market grocery stores. It operates Gourmet Markets for K Village on Rama IV Road, Terminal 21 at Asoke and The Promenade located next door to Fashion Island on Ram Intra Road.

In its latest move, the company won a bid to operate 2,700 square metres of commercial space at Don Mueang Airport. The company will spend 200 million baht to develop the 'Wonder Food of Asia' venue and expects to open its service on Oct 1.

Your's The understudy "The all cute'n beautiful things Japanese loving Guy!"
In Love with Hua Hin since 19naughty9 and it ain't fading!!!
(My fable for All Things Japanese knows no boundaries!) Proud Student of Stamford University Hua Hin Campus from 1999 to 2004 (5th Batch of Graduates.)
“Once you survive Stamford U Hua Hin Campus only you can survive anything!!!”
migrant
Addict
Addict

Re: 5bln Hua Hin Mall in the pipelines

Post by migrant »

There goes the neighborhood!!
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

I've known about this for a while but I didn't realize it was going to be an Emporium. Of course there'll be no planning for the increase in traffic which is a shame, a main road going behind the back of that development, coming out at the "Mr Mon" road (I really should learn that name of that road!) would probably both boost business and ease congestion.
The understudy
Ace
Ace

Post by The understudy »

Hi there Pleng

I think you are confusing something there. Hua Hin will probably get one The Mall Dept store and on Sukhomvith Road Emporium will expand to the otherside. iT would be a suprise if Hua Hin would truly get a luxury Shopping Mall like that kaliber into Hua Hin? I think for Hua Hin a The Mall Dept. Store would fit to Hua Hin better.
One thing Hua Hin Tetsaban/Municipality must do is make the dirt road behind Market Village pave it and make it into a 2 lane road to absorb the increase in Traffic.

To others like Buksida, HHfarang, and Sandman67 and many more I wanna hear your word on this "nuveau" devellopment that's heading to Hua Hin.

Your's The understudy "The all things cute'n beautiful Japanese loving guy!!!"
(My fable for All Things Japanese knows no boundaries!) Proud Student of Stamford University Hua Hin Campus from 1999 to 2004 (5th Batch of Graduates.)
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

Everybody in Bangkok seems to be crazy about Hua Hin these days. Business opportunities are based upon the growing number of visitors (week-end people from Bangkok) and not on a real-growth factor.
The week-day customer base will remain unchanged leaving the stores empty all but Saturdays. I guess the subject of market research remains a mystery in the LOS. The rationale behind decisions seems to be "Oh, there are rich people going there - we must build a shop". However, they ferget the rich people go back to Bangkok and do their shopping there during the week. Ah well, this IS the LOS.
A friend is only one click away
MisterClean

Post by MisterClean »

Every bubble will burst along with all these ridiculous new shopping complexes. Hopefully soon. Otherwise corporations will exert their influence and totally destroy Thai street vendors and the truly free market for all. Corporations are bloodthirsty, and by nature consume the neighborhood and culture. I hope they go bust, because any more people in Hua Hin on lil ol Petchkasem Rd will lock up traffic for all. its a two lane rd people. Wake up. the economy just isnt here.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Judging by the focus that the Mall in Korat has become, I wouldn't bank on the company going bust anytime soon, although the HH mall won't be quite as big. They have various projects on the go at the moment, all in areas where there is a growing demand.
Talk is cheap
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Judging by the focus that the Mall in Korat has become,.....
I'm not normally a fan of shopping malls but the Mall in Khorat is actually quite good, they have that small water park outside at one end for the kids to play, some large and quite spectacular fish ponds inside, a decent foodcourt and there are even a couple of bars down in the basement that have live music in the afternoons. ( I expect there were some shops as well but I didn't bother with them! )
johnnyk
Legend
Legend

Post by johnnyk »

Just what we need. No doubt inspired by the raging success of The Colonnade (Colon Aid?).
Happiness can't buy money
The understudy
Ace
Ace

Post by The understudy »

WHazzup guys.

The Hua Hin colonade (Colon Aid so funny & priceless johnyK.) was not well thought out jerk off with the interior of that thing the standards from pre 1990s. with All the mistakes a Mall Develloper could make.
with The Mall group developing this new Mall it's certainly won"t be as bad as the Colonade. visitor numbers are my concern. not on weekends but weekdays to see all the sales people staying around the product without any customers is a bit awkward like when you are @ Homepro in Market village!

Your"s The understudy "The all things cute'n beautiful japanese loving guy!!!"
johnnyk
Legend
Legend

Post by johnnyk »

The understudy wrote:WHazzup guys.

The Hua Hin colonade (Colon Aid so funny & priceless johnyK.) was not well thought out jerk off with the interior of that thing the standards from pre 1990s. with All the mistakes a Mall Develloper could make.
with The Mall group developing this new Mall it's certainly won"t be as bad as the Colonade. visitor numbers are my concern. not on weekends but weekdays to see all the sales people staying around the product without any customers is a bit awkward like when you are @ Homepro in Market village!

Your"s The understudy "The all things cute'n beautiful japanese loving guy!!!"
I sometimes wonder if the objective is sales or wash, rinse and spin money. 8)
Happiness can't buy money
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

The understudy wrote:Hi there Pleng

I think you are confusing something there. Hua Hin will probably get one The Mall Dept store and on Sukhomvith Road Emporium will expand to the otherside. iT would be a suprise if Hua Hin would truly get a luxury Shopping Mall like that kaliber into Hua Hin? I think for Hua Hin a The Mall Dept. Store would fit to Hua Hin better.
Nope I'm not confusing anything. It is indeed an Emporium being built opposite the Intercontinental, the project is half owned by the owner of Intercontinental Hua Hin. It's going to be massive.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

and it will be linked to the Inter via an underground walkway.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Korkenzieher
Guru
Guru

Post by Korkenzieher »

see all the sales people staying around the product without any customers is a bit awkward like when you are @ Homepro in Market village!
Mall owners could care less about that - as long as there are sales people willing to rent space at an acceptable rate they will be happy. It is the sales operations that take the risk, not the mall owners.
Had enough of the trolls. Going to sleep. I may be some time....
The understudy
Ace
Ace

Post by The understudy »

Hi there Hua Hin Forum fellas?

You could be right on to something there Pleng that it would be called Emporium Hua Hin. I've seen this Plot on Satellite view on Google Earth before it's Freakin huge. And this whole thing will be massive. A Department Store?+shopping Mall, a whole floor dedicated to food, Entertainment Complex including Multi Screen Cinema, Bowling Karaoke, an Ice skating rink, And 5* Hotel
.... It's Just freakin Buriram United Stadium which they plob a huge as Football Stadium plus Parking lot on a empty field. In hope other buildings might mushroom out as well when as progress takes it's shape!
We all shall see how the Construction site takes it's shape (BTW:What Intercontinental Hotel & Hua Hin should do is mounting a time Laps Camera to contintuosly follow & monitor the construction site progresss!!!!!

Your's The undersudy "The all things cute'n beautiful Japanese loving guy!!!