Hua Hin Bluport Mall news, events and updates

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
Big Boy

Re: Hua Hin Bluport Mall news and updates

Post by Big Boy »

:lach: The perfect woman.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
J.J.B.
Guru
Guru

Post by J.J.B. »

Certainly very busy on a Sunday, highlighting the Thai's love of shopping; even if 'window' style. The noise level is acceptable and for obvious reasons, gone have the cheer-leaders and loud music I'd read about. In fact, it was a pleasant distraction from the heat and threatening rain clouds overhead.

Visited the Platinum Lounge for a luke-warm coffee and some genuine peace and quiet. It continues the yacht-club theme and looks onto the back of the Intercontinental.
"A man who does not think for himself, does not think at all."
Wilde
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Big Boy wrote::lach: The perfect woman.
She would agree!! :cheers: :cheers:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

Today my first visit. I walked around and wanted to have lunch at Food Court, I was freezing, so I left ans went to an open air street restaurant.
dundrillin
Guru
Guru

Post by dundrillin »

For the first (and probably last) time I have to agree with you, it's far too cold on level one.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I guess the going must be too tough for some businesses at Bluport already. Mrs BB had been using 2 places quite regularly for her breakfast. We went today, and they were gone :cry:

Actually, it should be :dance: as we have no reason to go there on a regular basis any more :D .

Music, although somber, is still being played at disco levels in the car park.

Points 41; Position 18
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

so far I've eaten at zen, wine connection and the vegetarian stand in the food court. the first 2 were overpriced for the quality, the vege stand was very inexpensive and I liked the taste of the food. so far the quietest place is the elevator.
Hahuahin
Professional
Professional

Re: 5bln Hua Hin Mall in the pipelines

Post by Hahuahin »

MisterClean wrote:Every bubble will burst along with all these ridiculous new shopping complexes. Hopefully soon. Otherwise corporations will exert their influence and totally destroy Thai street vendors and the truly free market for all. Corporations are bloodthirsty, and by nature consume the neighborhood and culture. I hope they go bust, because any more people in Hua Hin on lil ol Petchkasem Rd will lock up traffic for all. its a two lane rd people. Wake up. the economy just isnt here.
:thumb:
Geko
Professional
Professional

Post by Geko »

Just went past the new small mall being built near the Fishing Pier 'Harbour 55', looks like the work on that has come to a halt, no construction huts there now, and the buildings look half complete.

The 'Eastern Square Mall' on main cross road looks to be only 5% occupied. Think it was probably built for the Chinese tourists in mind, looks like they have other places to visit.

The 'Banyan Mall' in town centre near City Beach Hotel now only occupied by MacDonald's. This is a lovely mall in the centre of town maybe rents too high

'Seen Space' not been inside, not sure how many shops are open, but doesn't look like many.

The 'Venevia' not been inside for a long time but sure this place is not busy now.

Hope 'Blueport Mall' does well.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Just a word to the wise about my experience at Peppina restaurant on the ground floor at Bluport earlier this evening. I decided to get a take away pizza to snack on whilst watching the footy tonight, but only because they do a Diavola (spicy salami) pizza, which happens to be my favourite.

It's not cheap at 400 baht but that 400 baht morphed into 470 baht when I got the bill as service charges and VAT were added to the bill. I hate places that do that and certainly wouldn't have bought it had I known (yes I know I should have checked), but a service charge for a take away? I think they are taking the proverbial and my other half tried to raise this with them, but just got that inane grin when Thai staff don't know how to respond. To rub salt into the wound, they couldn't even give us a bag to carry the pizza away in, so great service it certainly wasn't (the good folk at Gourmet market were happy to provide a bag when we subsequently shopped there).

I haven't tried it yet, but the pizza does look good, but as a point of principle because I feel fleeced, I won't ever be using this place again.
Talk is cheap
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

caller wrote:
It's not cheap at 400 baht but that 400 baht morphed into 470 baht when I got the bill as service charges and VAT were added to the bill. I hate places that do that.....
There was a recent article about this in the Bangkok Post:

Restaurants must clearly state service charge
http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general ... ice-charge
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Interesting, only found out after we got the bill. And to rub salt into the wound, whilst the pizza looked good, in reality it was anything but. A big fail, sadly.
Talk is cheap
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Isn't service charge optional, which the customer can choose not to pay if he/she is not satisfied?

Points 41; Position 18
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

Kind of strange this. At Fuji it says clearly that the 10% service charge is not added if you order for take away.
YNWA
buksida

Post by buksida »

BluPort Blood Donation 3.jpg
BluPort Blood Donation 3.jpg (173.29 KiB) Viewed 624 times
Press release

Blúport Hua Hin Resort Mall together with The National Blood Centre of the Thai Red Cross Society recently held blood a donation campaign entitled ‘MHeart: Loyal Hearts United to Donate Blood’ in memory of His Majesty the late King Bhumibol Adulyadej in return for his royal service and generosity to the Thai people. A total of 108,800 cc of blood from 272 donors, including Blúport Hua Hin employees, customers, government staff, students, and residents of nearby communities, was handed over to the Thai Red Cross Society to help hospitals and needy patients.

For more information, please contact:
Dalis (Ploy) Pinchaleow tel. 082-952-6615 e-mail: dalis@proudrealestate.co.th
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson